C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false
A smile will tell people that you are a kind and friendly person. However, many people don't smile because they think they have ugly teeth. For example, my classmate Miles doesn't have very nice teeth, so he seldom opens his mouth. He even says that he has lost his confidence because of his teeth. So it is very important for us to look after our teeth. In fact, a lot of people have this problem. Some people inherit (遗传) teeth problems from their parents, while others’teeth become bad because of bad habits. If your teeth are in bad shape, you should see a dentist and ask for help. They can help improve your teeth and tell you how to take care of them.
Smiling can help you feel more confident and make other people think of you as a more friendly person. If you want to keep healthy, you should not only smile but also laugh An Indian doctor said that young children should laugh about 300 times a day, while adults should laugh between 7 and 15 times a day. So please take this chance to smile and laugh!
17. T 18. F 19. F 20. F 21. T 22. T 23. F
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences
In most countries, schools are really important parts of the community. For example, in Britain, schools are governed by boards. Such boards will include the school head master, teachers, parents of students and other people from the community.
There are parents’ evenings. At a parents’ evening, parents discuss their child’s work with the teachers. In one-to-one talks, teachers tell the parents how the kids are doing and ask for the parents’ own input. If kids are not working hard, they may find themselves told off after a parents’ evening. If a kid is trying hard, but has a problem, the parents and the teachers try to work together to help.
There are other ways in which parents get involved. Schools put on plays at Christmas and for other festivals. Moms and dads come along to watch their kid’ first steps in acting.
Schools also hold Sports Day. They are like small Olympic Games. Parents watch their kinds competing in a number of games---some quite a lot more interesting than those in the Olympics.
24. include 25. discuss 26. after 27. together 28. festivals 29. like 30. interesting
Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar
II. Choose the best answer
31. A 32. B 33. A 34. B 35. D 36. B 37. B 38. C 39. A 40. B
41. C 42. D 43.B 44. C 45. A 46. B 47. D 48. C 49. A 50. C
III.Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each word can only be used once
51. F 52. C 53. A 54. B 55. G 56. D 57. I 58. E
IV.Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms
59. robberies 60. fifth 61. Honesty 62. memorize
63. western 64. speech 65. unaware 66. faithfully
V.Rewrite the following sentences as required
67. Neither, is 68. How soon 69. What an 70. charge of
71. allowed unless 72. is stored 73. if/whether had
Part 3 Reading and Writing
A.Choose the best answer
74. B 75. D 76. B 77. D 78. D 79. D
B.Choose the words or expressions to complete the passage
80. B 81. C 82. B 83. A 84. D 85. A
C.Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words
86. other 87. raised 88. themselves 89. disappeared/died 90. except 91. with 92. real
D.Answer the questions
93. No, he doesn’t.
94. Because he wanted to provide his family with the best things that money could buy.
95. A senior supervisor.
96. He was not spending enough time with them.
97. Near the coast of Singapore.
98. Any reasonable answer is acceptable.