Part 1 Listening
I. Listening Comprehension
A. Listen and choose the right picture
1. What fun it is to make a snowman and play with snow in winter. ( E )
2. We are glad to hear that China launched Shenzhou VIII successfully. ( D )
3. Kitty spends a lot of time chatting with her friends online. ( B )
4. The teacher is responsible for the students’ safety on the school bus. ( A )
5. It is peaceful to live in a small village with so many trees around. ( G )
6. The doctors are busy operating on the wounded boy. ( F )
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear
7. M: Wow, the fish is so delicious and the soup tastes nice, too.
W: I like the chicken wings best.
Q: What is the girl’s favourite dish? ( D )
8. M: How is your new job, Kitty?
W: Well, I enjoy meeting people. And I like answering the phone. But I hate typing all day long.
Q: What is Kitty? ( C )
9. M: It’s ten o’clock now. It’s time to go to bed, Mary
W: Oh, Dad, Can I stay for another twenty minutes. The basketball match will be finished in 10 minutes.
Q: When will the girl go to bed? ( C )
10. M: I hear you’re going to drive to Hainan Island this winter holiday
W: No, I’ve changed my mind. I think flying will be comfortable.
Q: How will the woman go to Hainan Island? ( B )
11.M: Hello, this is John Smith. May I speak to Mr. Black?
W: I’m sorry. Mr. Smith. My husband isn’t at home. But I can give you his office phone number. he won’t be back until six o’clock.
Q: Where is Mr. Black now? ( A )
12.M: I heard you got full marks in the Maths exam. Congratulations!
W: Thanks! I’m sure you also did a good job.
Q: Who are talking in this dialogue? ( C )
13.M: I used to write letters to my friends.
W: You mean you don’t write to them now?
M: Well, now I use the e-mail. It’s quicker and more convenient.
Q: How does the man get in touch with his friends now? ( D )
14.M: Hi, Rose! I’ve sent you an e-mail. Have you got it?
W: Sorry, I haven’t. I haven’t checked my e-mail today.
M: Why not?
W: There’s something wrong with my computer. It doesn’t work.
Q: Why hasn’t Rose received an e-mail? ( D )
15.M: Did you promise that you would buy a new mobile phone for John as a birthday present?
W: I always keep my word.
Q: What does the woman mean? ( C )
16. M: What do you think of Professor Brown’s lecture?
W: The topic was interesting, but it was too difficult for me to understand.
Q: What did the woman say about the lecture? ( B )