1. table：名词，桌子；当动词用，是指开会时延期讨论提案等，也就是暂缓审议（to postpone discussion of a bill or suggestion until future time）
They tabled the motion at the meeting.
I made the motion and he seconded it.
（second 这里是动词，意思是赞成；to second the motion 也就是附议。）
We are tabling this matter until further notice.
2. pride：名词，荣誉；当动词用，是指感到得意或自豪（to take pride in something）
We prided ourselves on our good work.
I have long prided myself on being a good teacher.
注意：to pride oneself on, to be proud of, to take pride in意思相近，只是用法和后面所跟的介词不同而已。
They take great pride in her daughter who is now a famous scientist.
I am very proud of being a Chinese.
3. carpet：名词，地毯；当动词用，是覆盖的意思（to cover something）
The flower girls carpeted the floor with rose petals before the bride's entrance.
During the winter time my roof is carpeted with white snow.
4. floor：名词，地板；当动词用，是踩足汽车的油门，加速开车或使人惊讶（to press accelerator of a car to the floor in order to speed up; or to astonish someone）
As soon as I saw his gun, I floored my car.
When you see a police car, don't floor it.
The news really floored me; I hadn't been expecting it at all.
5. top：名词，顶端；做动词用，是做得更好，或高过某人（to do something better or to be taller than someone）
If he had tried harder, he could have topped his class.
The tax-cut issue will top today's agenda
Mr. Lin tops me by three inches.
6. flag：名词，旗帜；当动词用，是指打旗号或做手势来传达讯息（to give signal for communication）
When my car broke down, I flagged a police car.
The beach life-guards usually flag one another for communication.
7. bridge：名词，桥梁、桥牌；当动词用，是连接或沟通的意思（to connect）。
The parents are trying to bridge the generation gap with their children.
These tax reforms are attempt to bridge the gap between the rich and poor.
8. club：名词，俱乐部、高尔夫球棒；当动词用，意思是用棍棒打人（to beat someone with a stick）
The security officer should not club any suspect who does not resist arrest.
I saw the police clubbing a suspected robber.