17. corner：名词，角落或壁角；当动词用，是指将某人逼入困境或令人无地自容（to put someone in a bad spot ）
Don't try to corner your spouse.
He has been cornered by his best friend.
Finally, the escaped criminal was cornered.
18. distance：名词，距离；当动词用，是指冷淡、疏远或与某人保持距离（to keep yourself a distance from someone）
It is difficult for him to distance himself from her.
The politicians will distance themselves from the controversial issues.
The parents advise their daughter to distance herself from her boyfriend.
19. book：名词，书本；当动词用，是指预订飞机座位、机票、旅馆房间等。此外还指警方将……登记如册以为指控之用（to press charge against someone, generally by the police）
Mr. Chen has booked（或made）a reservation at a hotel.
Yesterday he booked a flight to Taiwan.
The police booked him for drunken driving.
20. house：名词，房屋；当动词用，是指供给住所（to provide shelter）
The farmer has housed the horse in the barn.
I would be glad to house you for the weekend.
21. radio：名词，收音机；当动词用，是指用无线电发送讯息，广播，发报（to send a message）
At airport the lady radioed for a missing child.
All U.S. ships will have to radio the Coast Guard when they are in trouble.
22. dog：名词，狗；当动词用，是指尾随某人，困扰某人或某事（to bother someone or something）
He was dogged wherever he went.
Her career was dogged by misfortune.
23. fare：名词，票价；当动词用，是指过活，进展（to get along or to turn out）
How do you fare? = How are you doing?
I fare very well. = I am doing/feeling well.
How did you fare in your exam?
I fared very well in my exam.
If he gets caught for shoplifting
he may fare a punishment.
24. father：名词，父亲；当动词用，是指为人父（to beget a child）
He has fathered two children before his remarriage.
Hopefully, Mr. Chen is going to father a child soon.