新版新视野大学英语读写教程第四册答案unit 7-unit 8
1. discounted 2. biased 3. variation 4. potential 5. Confronted
6. migrate 7. descended 8. distinct 9. superficial 10. extensive
1. to date 2. in effect 3. nothing less than 4. As of
5. in combination with 6. In addition to 7. shed new light on 8. is...confined to
9. serve as 10. adapt to
1.K 2.0 3.C 4.F 5.J 6.1 7.G 8.A 9.M 10.E
1. awards 2. challenges 3. component 4. advances 5. changes
6. advantage 7. influence 8. effect 9. objective 10. threat
1. privacy 2. intimacy 3. frequency 4. fluency
5. secrecy 6. urgency 7. consistency 8. dependency
1. politics 2. classics 3. electronics 4. economics
5. psychology 6. methodology 7. technology 8. biology
1. Being healthy is more than a question of not being ill.
2. I was more than a little upset at not being invited to the wedding.
3. This story is more than interesting; it is educational as well.
4. Hepworth is more than a filmmaker; he had learnt to find stories that would have genuine popular
5. Compared our achievements today with what we started out to be, it is more than a miracle brought
about by years of exceptionally hard work.
1. What was needed was nothing less than a new industrial revolution.
2. This is nothing less than a call to restore the vitality of the American Dream.
3. Their dream was nothing less than a revolutionary project to bring computers and ordinary people
4. The experience of sightseeing in the wonderful island is nothing less than exciting and I am moved
5. He was very concerned that she should not be tired or bored; he wanted to make sure that the
holiday would be nothing less than perfect for her.
1. In the process of creating the genetic map, these scientists realized that cooperation was more than an attractive option; it was a responsibility.
2. Their research findings were nothing less than a miracle. As a result of their findings, new light hasbeen shed on the history of human genes.
3. In fact, only hard work in combination with proper methods will give you an advantage over others.
4. The judge said the punishment would serve as a warning to others.
5. The risk of infection is confined to those who have close contact with the patients.
6. From such an analysis we are in a better position to understand what has happened and what to do about it.
1 ．A 2. B 3. C 4. D 5．D 6.C 7．B 8．A 9. D 10. C
11，B 12.A 13.A 14.B 15．D 16.C 17.D 18.B 19.A 20.B
Sticking to high moral standards is easier said than done. Once, a young British car sales manager
who had just finished courses on business ethics was sent to sell cars to an African country. The
negotiations had been going on for months without any real results．He was at his wits' end. Finallyxhe
hit upon a solution．One day he bought a popular novel and slipped a check of #20,000 in the book.
Then he presented it to the minister in charge of transportation. This minister examined its contents，
pretending he didn’t see the check at all．Then he said with a smile："Young man，I hear London is at
its best in May.”The sales manager, who was quick-witted, replied: "My company in London will be
most honored to welcome your visit！”A short time later, the deal was approved in London！
1. The writer holds a doubtful attitude toward this opinion, calling it a popular myth. We can find the writer's doubtful attitude in Paragraph 1.
2. They are the supportive style and the stimulating style. We can find the information in Paragraph 4.
3. Four groups of children: one with supportive parents, one with stimulating parents, one whose
parents combining both qualities and a final group who offered neither. We can find the information
in Paragraph 6.
4. Eleven seconds a day in Holland and less than a minute a day in the United States. We can find the
information in Paragraph 10.
5. The environmental factors such as better parenting and educational techniques. We can find the
information in Paragraph 15, the last paragraph.Comprehension of the 5ext
1.B 2.C 3.A 4.B 5.B 6.C 7.B 8.C
III. 1. supervising 2. fascinate3. guarantee 4. explore
6. identified 7. steer 8. beneficial 9. demonstrate 10. implication
IV 1. up 2. out 3. up 4. in 5. over 6. on 7. in5. 8. into 9. from 10. in