The goat kicked.The calf trampled.The chickens flapped.The sheep bleated.The pig mucked about.The dog teased the cat.The cat chase the rabbit.The rabbit hopped.The children squabbled.The boat tipped…and into the water they fell.
山羊乱踢,牛乱踩东西,鸡乱扑翅膀,绵羊咩咩乱叫,住到处乱晃,狗招惹了猫,猫就去追兔子,兔子乱蹦乱跳,小孩大吵大闹,船就翻了....

Then Mr. Gumpy and the goat and the calf and the chickens and the sheep and the pig and the dog and the cat and the rabbit and the children all swam to the bank and climbed out to dry in the hot sun.
甘伯伯跟山羊、牛、鸡、绵羊、猪、狗、猫、兔子、小孩子一起游到岸边,爬上岸,在太阳下把身子晒干。

“We’ll walk home across the fields,” said Mr. Gumpy.“It’s time for tea.”
甘伯伯说:“我们只好穿过这片野地,走路回家了。我请你们到我家喝茶。”

“Goodbye,” said Mr. Gumpy.“Come for a ride another day.”
甘伯伯说::“再见啦,下次再去游河吧。”

【学习笔记】

让我们数一数,这里搭船一共有几种说法呢?

“May we come with you?”(我们能随你一起去吗?)

“Can I come along, Mr Gumpy?”(我能跟去吗?)

“I’d like a ride,”(我想搭一程,)

“Will you take me with you?”(你能带我去吗?)

“May I come, please, Mr Gumpy?”(请问,甘伯伯,我能去吗?)

“Have you a place for me?”(你有位置给我吗?)

“Can we come too?”(我们也能去吗?)

“Can you make room for me?”(你能腾一块地方给我吗?)这里为什么用“make room”呢?因为牛的体型太大了,占了很大的空间,所以就用“make room”了。

“May I join you, Mr Gumpy?”(甘伯伯,我能加入进来吗?)

戳此下载 和甘伯伯去游河压缩包 >>>