Ⅳ.对话篇

Gordon: How is the job going?
戈登:工作进展如何?

Molly: It's not.
莫莉:不好。

Gordon: What do you mean? What happened?
戈登:什么意思?怎么啦?

Molly: Everything went wrong the other day. My computer had a bug and it crashed. I lost everything.
莫莉:那天所有的事都不顺。我的电脑程序里出现了问题,电脑死机了,我的东西全丢了。

Gordon: That's horrible.
戈登:太糟糕了。

Molly: But, that's not the end of it. I went to make some copies and the copy machine was down, too. So, I couldn't make my presentation.
莫莉:但是,麻烦事还没完呢,等我想去复印的时候,复印机也坏了。所以我没法做我的报告了。

Gordon: Wow, it looks like your cloud doesn't have a silver lining.
戈登:哇,看来,你可没有塞翁的好运气。

Molly: It got even worse. The boss said he had to let me go since I did such a bad job.
莫莉:更糟糕的事情还在后面呢,老板说要解雇我,就因为我工作表现这么糟。

Gordon: I feel bad for you.
戈登:我真为你感到难过。

Molly: That's ok. I will be back on my feet in a few days and have an even better job.
莫莉:没事,过两天我会好起来的,我会找到一份比现在还好的工作。

Gordon: That's the way to keep yourself going.
戈登:这正是你做事的方式。

Molly: You know me. I'm an eternal optimist.
莫莉:你了解我,我是一个永远乐观的人。

更多相关内容,请看沪江BEC商务英语分站>>