罗马假日
1953年由美国派拉蒙公司拍摄的浪漫爱情片,故事讲述了一位欧洲某公国的公主与一个美国记者之间在意大利罗马一天之内发生的浪漫故事。影片由格利高里·派克和奥黛丽·赫本联袂主演,取得了巨大的成功,成为好莱坞黑白电影的经典之作。奥黛丽·赫本也因该片获得了她一生最重要的奖项——奥斯卡最佳女主角奖。电影上映后,片名成为很多商号争抢的名字,也有用罗马假日作为品牌的摩托车。
 
 

场景三  在记者招待会上,安妮面对着来自世界各个国家和地区的记者,发现乔也在其中。
 
A=Ann(安妮), M=Master(主持人), C=Correspondent(记者), J=Joe(乔)
 
 翻译反白可见
M: Ladies and Gentlemen: Her Royal Highness will now answer your questions.
M: 女士们,先生们, 现在你们可以向公主殿下提问。
C: I believe at the outset②, Your Highness, that I should express the pleasure of all of us at your recovery from the recent illness.
C: 公主殿下,首先我想代表全体人员对公主近期的康复表达欢欣之情。
A: Thank you.
A: 谢谢!
C: Does Your Highness believe that Federation would be a possible solution to Europe’s economic problems?
C: 公主殿下是否认为,联盟将会是解决欧洲经济问题的可行方案?
A: I am in favor of③ any measure which would lead to closer cooperation in Europe.
A: 我赞成能够促进欧洲各国之间紧密合作的任何举措。
C: And what, in the opinion of Your Highness, is the outlook for Friendship among Nations?
C: 公主殿下认为欧洲各国关系发展的未来前景如何?
A: I have every faith in it—as I have faith in relations between people.
A: 我对此充满信心,就像我坚信人与人之间的情谊一样。
J: May I say, speaking for my own press service, we believe that Your Highness’s faith will not be unjustified.
J: 请允许我代表我的新闻社说几句,我们坚信公主的判断是不会有误的。
A: I am so glad to hear you say it.
A: 我很高兴听你这么说。
C: Which of the cities visited did Your Highness enjoy the most?
C: 公主殿下,在您所访问过的城市中,您最喜欢的是哪个?
A: Each in its own way was...unforgettable. It would be difficult to—Rome, by all means④, Rome. I will cherish my visit here, in memory, as long as I live.
A: 每个城市都有自己的特色……令人难忘。很难说……罗马,无疑是罗马。我会把这里的一切都珍藏在我的记忆里,直到永远!
 
词汇
① decency n. 高尚文雅的行为,礼仪
② at the outset 首先
③ in favor of 赞同
④ by all means 无论如何,当然