国王的演讲  (第83届奥斯卡奖最佳影片)
《国王的演讲》是由汤姆·霍珀指导,科林·费斯担当主演的英国电影,整部电影以叙述故事的形式,讲述了英国女王伊丽莎白二世的父亲乔治六世国王的故事。本片于第35届多伦多电影节获得了最高荣誉——观众选择奖。在2011年第83届奥斯卡提名名单上,《国王的演讲》获得12项提名,并最终拿到最佳影片、最佳导演、最佳男主角、最佳原创剧本四项大奖。科林·费斯凭借本片获得金球奖最佳戏剧片男主角。影片还获得金球奖、美国制片人公会、导演公会和影视演员公会奖等多项提名和奖项。

场景二   艾伯特夫妇受邀前往戴维和吉普森夫人的酒会,丘吉尔也在场。

B=Bertie(伯特), D=David(戴维), E=Elizabeth(伊丽莎白), C=Churchill(丘吉尔)

 翻译反白可见
B: Hello, David. Making some changes to the garden I see.
B: 你好,戴维。我注意到你的花园做了些改变。
D: Yes, I am. I am not quite finished yet.
D: 是的,不过还没有完工。
E: Don’t tell me I behaved badly, Mr. Churchill.
E: 丘吉尔先生,您不要说我失礼。
C: On the contrary, your Royal Highness④. Etiquette⑤ decrees royalty should be greeted by the official host; in this case: the King. Not a commoner.
C: 正相反,夫人。礼仪规定皇室成员应该由一家之主来接待。这样说来,应该由国王来迎接,而不是平民百姓。
E: Thank you.
E: 谢谢。
C: What is her hold on him?
C: 她用什么迷住了国王?
E: I’ve no idea. Apparently she has certain…skills, acquired in an establishment.
E: 我也不知道。很明显她有些……花招儿,是从某个地方学来的。
B: David, I’ve been trying to see you…
B: 戴维,我一直在找你。
D: I’ve been terribly busy.
D: 我实在太忙了。
B: Doing what?
B: 你在忙什么?
D: Kinging.
D: 当国王啊。

词汇
① to no avail 无效,完全没有用
② indentured adj. 受契约束缚的
③ servitude n. 劳役,奴役
④ Royal Highness 殿下(对英国皇室的尊称)
⑤ etiquette n. 礼节,礼仪

B: Really? Kinging is a precarious① business these days! Where is the Tsar② of Russia? Where is Cousin Wilhelm?
B: 真的?国王的确是个任人摆布的职位。但怎么没请俄国沙皇?还有,威廉表亲怎么没来?
D: You’re being dreary.
D: 你真是无聊。
B: Is kinging laying off eight staff and buying more pearls for Wallis while there are people marching across Europe singing “The Red Flag”?
B: 当国王就是解雇80个人,在欧洲人们在游行示威,唱着《红旗》的时候,给沃利斯买更多的珍珠吗?
D: Stop your worrying. Herr Hitler will sort that lot out.
D: 别担心,希特勒会解决掉他们的。
B: Who’ll sort out Herr Hitler?
B: 那谁来解决希特勒?
D: Where’s the bloody’ 23?
D: 1923年的酒哪儿去了?
B: And you’ve put that woman into our mother’s suite?
B: 你竟然让那个女人睡在妈妈的房间里!
D: Mother’s not still in the bed, is she?
D: 妈妈早就不睡那张床了,不是吗?
B: That’s not funny.
B: 别开玩笑。
 
词汇
① precarious adj. 由他人摆布的,取决于他人意志的
②Tsar n. 沙皇