新视野大学英语读写教程1课后答案Unit 6 The Trashman
1. boast 2. registered 3. employment 4. peculiar 5. Continuous 6. graduated 7. dump 8. retreat 9. contrary 10. trembled
1. in 2. of 3. behind 4. about 5. At 6. about/of 8. by 9. on/upon 10. at
V. 1. F 2. M 3. J 4. G 5.A 6. D 7. O 8. L 9. I 10. C
1. I know who he is. So does she.
2. We have come to realize all work is equally import. So has Sara.
3. I’d like another drink. So would John.
4. I’m not supposed to know who else objects to the plan. Nor/Neither are they.
5. He shouldn’t have imagined there would be joy in picking up trash. Nor/Neither should Steve.
1. Even if the calculation is right
2. even if they raise the price
3. Even if she may not return me the money
4. even if she doesn’t come
5. Even if we achieve great success in our work
1. The police got to the station five minutes after the explosion, and so did the reporters.
2. Even if you disagree with her, she is worth listening to.
3. The news reporters were given nothing but bare facts by the officials in charge of the investigation.
4. The room was well decorated, but the color of the curtain did not go well with the overall style.
5. Whenever we go back to the place where my husband was born, we always make the rounds of his relatives.
6. Contrary to his hope, his girlfriend’s parents are not as approachable as his parents.
1. A 2.C 3.B 4.C 5. A 6.C 7.A 8. C 9. B 10.A 11. B 12.B 13.C 14.A 15.C
16. B 17.A 18.C19.B 20.A
People come to Beijing for different purposes. Thousands upon thousands of foreign students are studying different subjects at universities in Beijing. Every year a large number of foreign businessmen from all pats of the world visit Beijing, for various kinds of business talks or international conferences. In addition travelers both at home and abroad come to Beijing for visiting places of historic interest during their holidays or visiting their friends and relatives in
1. spend part of his time on
2. continue to support himself with drugs and food
3. settle their accounts with the company/and money owed to them
4. nervous and worried
5. a person who is likely to suffer a heart attack
1.D 2.D 3.C 4.D 5.A 6.C 7.B 8.B
1.Devoting 2. bear 3. accurate 4. manufacturing y 6. afford 7. admired 8. replacing 9. retired 10. ignored
1. out 2. up 3. out 4. around 5. up 6. to 7. to 8. for 9. of