新视野大学英语读写教程1课后答案Unit 10 Being Honest and Open
1. preserve 2. clarify 3. demonstrating 4. scarce 5. assured
6. ensured 7. conscience 8. integrity 9. yield 10. appointed
1.to 2.In 3.of 4.for 5.on/upon 6.of 7.in 8.at 9.to 10.with
1.G 2.L 3.B 4.O 5.D 6.N 7.C 8.E 9.I 10.K
1. Where I live there are plenty of sheep.
2. Your coat is where you left it.
3. I will go where you go.
4. Where conscience remains integrity stays.
5. Where he appears laughter can be heard.
1. What I say and do
2. what matters is not winning but participating
3. what we students should always keep in mind
4. what it takes to start and run a company
5. what we should do today
1. I keep the picture where I can see it very day as it reminds me of my university days.
2. In some countries, what is called “equality” does not really mean equal rights for all people.
3. He is used to keeping a dictionary at hand so that he can find the meaning of new words he comes across.
4. When confronted with personal pressure, you should stand firmly for your belief that you will reach your ultimate goal.
5. In other words, be yourself and face reality, but don’t sell out to convenience.
6. I don’t like those people who always rely on external factors in order to feel good about themselves.
1.C 2.B 3.A 4.B 5.C 6.A 7.C 8.C 9.A 0.A
11.B 12.A 13.C 4.C 15.B 16.C 7.A 8.C 19.A 20.C
Persistence is essential to success. Probably the greatest example of persistence is Abraham Lincoln. Born into poverty, Lincoln was faced with defeat throughout his life. He lost eight elections, twice failed in business and suffered a nervous breakdown. He could have quit many times. But he didn’t and because he didn’t quit, he was elected and became one of the greatest presidents in the history of the United States.
1—F 2—E 3—A 4—G 5—B 6—C 7—D
Comprehension of the Text
1. D 2.A 3.C 4.C 5.A 6.D 7.C 8.B
1. cheated 2. inclined 3. reconciled 4. contemporary 5. transformed 6. notion 7. ultimate 8. appropriate 9. curb 10. expense
1. to 2.of 3.as 4.for 5.over 6.in 7.of 8.on 9.of 10.of