1. In my opinion, you can widen the _____ of these improvements through your active participation.
A. dimension B. volume C. magnitude D. scope
[注释]scope(=the area within the limits of a questions, subject ect. ; range)(活动)范围，机会，余地：
The politics of a country would be outside the scope of a book for tourists.(一个国家的政治不属于旅游手册的内容范围之内。)
2. The noise was so _____ that only those with excellent hearing were aware of it.
A. dim B. soft C. faint D. gentle
[注释]faint(=weak, indistinct; not clear)“微弱的，模糊的，不清楚的”。
Dim(=not bright, not clearly to be seen)不亮的，看不清的；
the dim light of a candle(微弱的烛光)。
3. If he refuses to _____ my plan, I can probably find someone more cooperative.
A. put up with B. fall in with
C. do away with D. get along with
[答案]B. fall in with.
[注释]fall in with(=agree to)同意：
Is it true that you have fallen in with them?(你真的同意他们的意见吗？)
put up with忍受。do away with废除；杀死。get along with进行，进展；相处。
4. Some people either _____ avoid questions of right and wrong or remain neutral about them.
A. violently B. sincerely C. properly D. deliberately
1)好好地，恰当地；She never makes any attempt to clean it properly.(她从来也不打算好好地把它擦干净。)
2)严格地：Properly speaking, a whale is not a fish.(严格地说，鲸鱼不是鱼。)
5. Her skirt had been so _____ in packing that she had to iron it before going out.
A. faded B. torn C. dirty D. crushed
6. His landlady gave him a week's _____ to leave the flat.
A. threat B. notice C. advice D. caution
[注释]notice预先通知（尤用雇主、雇员或房东、房客之间）：give one's employee a month's notice (通知雇员一个月后离职)。
7. Even if they are on sale, these refrigerators are equal in price to, if not more expensive than, _____ at the other store.
A. anyone B. the others C. that D. the ones
[答案]D. the ones
8. When I took his temperature, it was two degrees above _____.
A. average B. ordinary C. regular D. normal
9. With the change of the economic foundation the entire immense superstructure is _____ rapidly transformed.
A. anything but B. more or less C. at large D. any more
[答案]B. more or less.
[注释]more or less 或多或少地；anything but根本不；at large大体上；逍遥法外；详细地。
10. The author of the report is well _____ with the problems in the hospital because he has been working there for many years.
A. acquainted B. informed C. enlightened D. advised
[注释]be acquainted with熟悉，be well informed of(about)对......消息灵通。可见，此题中应用acquainted,因为后面地介词是with.