1.—May I open the window to let in some fresh air?
A.Come on! B.Take care! C.Go ahead! D.Hold on!
2.He told us whether _____ a picnic was still under discussion.
A.to have B.having C.have D.had
3.I like this house with a beautiful garden in front, but I don’t have enough money to buy _____
A.one B.it C.this D.that
4.Ladies and gentlemen, please remain _____ until the plane has come to a complete stop.
A.seated B.seating C.to seat D.seat
5. —Have you _____ ?
—No. I had the wrong number.
A.got in B.got away C.got off D.got through
6.A great person is always putting others’ interests _____ his own.
A.below B.above C.in D.on
7.News came from the school office _____ Wang Lin had been admitted to Beijing University.
A.which B.what C.that D.where
8. —How about your journey to Mount Emei?
—Everything was wonderful except that our car _____ twice on the way.
A.slowed down B.broke down C.got down D.put down
9. —Would you please help me with the box?
A.Yes, please. B.No, please don’t. C.With pleasure.D.My pleasure.
10. _____ many times, he finally understood it.
A.Told B.Telling C.Having told D.Having been told
11. —I wonder _____ you’ll water this kind of flower.
—Every other day.
A.how B.how long C.how soon D.how much
12.Owen wouldn’t eat anything _____ he cooked it himself.
A.until B.since C.unless D.while
13. —I don’t care what people think.
—Well, you _____.
A.could B.would C.should D.might
14.In order to find _____ better job, he decided to study _____ second foreign language.
A.the; a B.a; a C.the; the D.a; the
15. —Why don’t we choose that road to save time?
—The bridge to it _____ .
A.has repaired B.is repaired
C.is being repaired D.will be repaired
16.Not until I came last night _____ to bed.
A.Mum did go B.did Mum go
C.wnet Mum D.Mum went
17. The teacher together with the students _____ discussing Reading Skills that _____newly published in America.
A. are; were B. is; were C. are; was D. is; was
18. —You speak very good French!
—Thanks. I ______ French is Sichuan University for four years.
A. studied B. study
C. was studying D. had studied
19.My uncle’s house in the downtown area in much smaller than ours, but it is twice _____expensive.
A. as B. so C. too D. very
20.Shwe’ll never forget her stay there ______ she found her son who had gone missing two years before.
A. that B. which C. where D. when
I was successful at my job. I worked very hard, but it __21__ me and my family a fabulous (极好的) lifestyle. I’d worked for the same company for twenty years and had worked my way up to department director. __22___ , one afternoon last May, I was called to the office, and it was __23__ explained to me that they were letting me go. I just sat there __24___ they talked on and all I could think was, “I’ve __25___ .” I’d been so well respected __26__ I was of no value.
For six weeks, I was in a very __27__ place. I wandered around my house like a zombie (僵尸). I could __28___ things needed doing, but would not do anything. My beliefs in looking forward and seeing the positive (积极的) in everything __29__me.
Then, in late June, my youngest son’s football team made the city cup final. The year before, he’d been very sad when I __30__ the same final, so he was __31__ when I told him I’d go. Not only did they win, but the look on his face as he saw me __32___ him on was unbelievable, From then on, I spent the summer enjoying my some and their passions (激情). I attended match after match and performances of my elder son’s band—I __33___ went to another city to watch him play. These moments were so __34___. My life had been so much devoted to __35___ for so long, and I felt __36___ that my sons were happy to welcome me into their world.
__37___ , being unemployed gave me back a sense of purpose ----- I was someone’s mum! I felt a sense of being __38___ Again. Now I feel more positive about my professional __39___ and I’m getting on better with my family than I ever have. Losing my job made me realize just how __40___ it is to achieve real balance in life.
21. A. promised B. afforded C. showed D. left
22. A. Therefore B. Anyhow C. Otherwise D. However
23. A. quickly B. gently C. partly D. easily
24. A. until B. after C. as D. so
25. A. failed B. finished C. tried D. changed
26. A. suddenly B. finally C. immediately D. shortly
27. A. secret B. quiet C. lonely D. dark
28. A. see B. get C. suggest D. understand
29. A. defended B. directed C. deserted D. disturbed
30. A. watched B. missed C. lost D. won
31. A. disappointed B. worried C. honoured D. delighted
32. A. cheering B. taking C. leading D. passing
33. A. just B. even C. still D. almost
34. A. hopeful B. meaningful C. difficult D. strange
35.A. work B.family C.malches D.performances
36.A.successful B.thoughtful C.thankful D.peaceful
37.A.employed B.cvomforted C.Disagreeably D.Unexpectedly
38.A.cducation B.experience C.relationship D.encouraged
39.A.cducation B.experience C.relationship D.future
40.A.important B.interesting C.simple D.surprising