例：A computer can only do__________ you have instructed it to do.
A. how B. after C. what D. when
21. That price of music sounds quite familiar. Who _________the piano upstairs?
A. has played B. played
C. plays D. is playing
22. It is still under discussion __________the old bus station should be replaced with a modern hotel or not.
A. Whether B. when
C. which D. where
23.——Are you going to take part in the speech contest?
———_____________It’s too good an opportunity to miss.
A. No problem! B. That’s for sure.
C. Why me? D. Why bother?
24.Shirley, a real book lover, often brings home many books to read __________ the library.
A. in B. for
C. by D. from
25.—Why didn’t you come to Simon’s party last night?
—I want to ,but my mom simply _________ not let me out so late at night.
A. could B. might
C. would D. should
26. In communication, a smile is usually ___________ strong sign of a friendly and _______ open attitude.
A. the, / B. a, an
C. a, / D. the, an
27.—Silly me! I foeget what my luggage looks like.
—What do you think of over there?
A.the one B.this
28.I told them not everybody could run as fast as you did, ?
A. could he B.didn’t I
C. didn’t you D. could they
29.More TV programs,according to government to officials, will be produced people’s concern over food safety.
A.to raise B.raising
C.to have raised D. having raised
30.To show our respect, we usually have to take our gloves off we are to shake hands with.
31.Look at the pride on Tom’s face. He to have been praised by the manager just now.
C.had seemed D.is seeming
32.—Have you seem the filmUnder the Hawthorn Tree?
— Of course, I hava. It was in our village it was made.
33. Michael put up a picture of Yao Ming beside the bed to keep himself ________ of his own dreams.
A. reminding B. to remind
C. reminded D. renmind
34. It is not always easy for the public to see _______ use a new invention can be of to human life.
A. whose B. what
C. which D. that
35. —Do you have Mary’s phone number?
A. I don't know B. forget it
C. here you are D. I can’t remember it
My father brought home a sailboat when I was ten, and almost each Sunday in summers we would go sailing. Dad was quite skilled in sailing, but not good at 36 . As for me, I 37 both before twelve because of living close to Lake Ontario.
The last time Dad and I set sail together is really 38 . It was a perfect weekend after I graduated from university. I came home and 39 Dad to go sailing. Out we set soon on the 40 lake. Dad hadn’t sailed for years, but everything 41 well with the tiller（舵柄）in his hands.
When we were in the middle of the lake, a 42 wind came all of a sudden. The boat was hit 43 . Dad was always at his best in any 44 , but at this moment he 45 .
“John! 46 !” he shouted in a trembling voice, with the tiller still in his hands.
In my memory he could fix any 47 . He was the one I always 48 for strength and security. Before I could respond, a 49 of water got into the boat. I rushed to the tiller 50 it was too late. Anther huge wall of water 51 the boat in a minute. We were thrown into the water, and Dad was struggling aimlessly. At that moment, I felt fiercely 52 of him.
I swam to Dad 53 and assisted him in climbing onto the hull（船壳）of the boat. Upon sitting on the hull, Dad was a little awkward about his flash of 54 . “It’s all right, Dad. We are safe now,” I comforted him.
That was the first time Dad had counted on me in a moment of emergency. More importantly, I found it was my turn to start 55 for my father.
36.A.boating B. running C. swimming D. teaching
37.A.enjoyed B. desired C. hated D. learned
38.A.unforgivable B. unforgettable C. cheerful D. regretful
39.A.sent B. ordered C. invited D. allowed
40.A.calm B. icy C. stormy D. thundery
41.A.finished B. went C. seemed D. sounded
42.A.strong B. gentle C. cold D. hot
43.A.respeatedly B. lightly C. hardly D. violently
44. A. danger B. place C. sport D. job
45. A. suffered B. fell C. froze D. withdrew
46. A. look B. Help C. Run D. Jump
47. A. problem B. relationship C. machine D. boat
48. A. turned to B. lived with C. argued with D. objected to
49. A. fountain B. stream C. shower D. wave
50. A. if B. for C. after D. but
51. A. got through B. poured into C. turned over D. lifted up
52. A. ashamed B. protective C. tired D. afraid
53. A. hopelessly B. quickly C. slowly D. helplessly
54. A. pain B. anger C. fear D. shame
55. A. making up B. getting ready C. paying off D. looking out