8. He's the alumni booster who allegedly paid Earl $50,000 to come and play for Carver.
他是赞助校友。据说他付给厄尔50000美元来为卡佛打比赛。
*booster是支持者,志愿者。这里就和sponsor一样~

9. It also forces young superstars to play a year of college-ball, jacking up ratings and revenues.
这也迫使那些年轻的超级明星必须要打一年的大学篮球赛,以提高名声和收入。
*jack做动词有"增加,提高,抬起"的意思。做名词有"千斤顶,男人"的意思。所以,父母给小朋友起名叫Jack,那一定是希望他比较man一点~~想到了泰坦尼克里的Jack~

10. What's up with the mime act?
你怎么演起哑剧了?

11. You must really love the weight room.
你一定喜欢去健身房

12. Hang in there.
别泄气啊

13. Ladies, if you could wait in there, I'll be taking you in one at a time.
女士们,可以的话在这儿稍等,我一个一个叫你们。

14. That's very un-loker of you.
这话真不像是你说出来的。
*片子里是这么翻译的,但是实在不晓得unloker是什么意思~~

15. Don't push it.
别逼我!
*字面上理解就是"别推它",也就是别把话继续往下说了,再说下去我就不客气了~

16. Would you lie to right a wrong?
你会因为做好事而撒谎吗?
*right a wrong也就是把一件wrong的事情变right

17. The number of AWOL soldiers has doubled since we invaded Iraq.
自从我们入侵伊拉克以来,开小差的人数增加了一倍。
*AWOL: If someone in the Armed Forces goes AWOL, they leave their post without the permission of a superior officer. AWOL is an abbreviation for `absent without leave'. 一般用go AWOL

18. Sorry to barge in.
很抱歉我们夺门而入

19. They're taking away my scholarship, you hung me out.
他们取消了我的奖学金,你揭发了我。

20. It's your call.
你自己决定吧。