6.打电话的人要找的人不在, 愿意接受对方的留言

A: Can I leave a message?
我可以留个话?

B: Yes. Go ahead, please.
可以, 请继续。

举一反三:

Of course. Hold on for just a second so I can grab a pen and paper.
当然, 稍等一下让我拿个纸笔。

Sure, if you can excuse me for just a second. Let me find a piece of paper to write it down.
当然, 如果你可以等我一下下, 让我找张纸写下来。

7.接受对方留言时听不清楚, 希望对方重复

A: When he comes back, can you have him call me at (206) 5551212?
他回来后, 能不能让他打(206) 5551212 这个号码给我?

B: Can you repeat again, please?
能不能请你再重复一次?

举一反三:

(Say) Again, please?
再说一次好吗?

Pardon?
抱歉。请再说一次。

Come again, please?
再说一次好吗?

I’m sorry?
抱歉。请再说一次。

8.对方希望留话, 怕听错了, 不想接受对方的留言

A: May I leave a message?
我能否留个话?

B: You know what? My English is not that great, and I don’t want to miss anything. Would you mind calling back later? I’m sorry.
你知道吗? 我的英文不是非常好, 我不想听错话。你介意稍后再打来吗? 我很抱歉。

举一反三:

If you don’t mind, could you please call back and leave a message on the answering machine? My English is not very good.
如果你不介意的话, 能否请你再打一次, 然后在录音机上留言? 我的英文不是很好。

9.打电话的人要找的人是别人, 请对方稍等

A: Is Brandon there?
Brandon在吗?

B: Yes, he is. One moment, please.
他在。请稍等。

举一反三:

Hold on, please.
请稍等。

Let me see if he’s here. Hang on. O.K.?
我看看他在不在。等一下, 好吗?

10.对方打错电话

A: Can I speak to Alexander Walker?
我可以和Alexander Walker说话吗?

B: Alexander Walker? I’m sorry, but there’s nobody here by this name.
Alexander Walker?抱歉, 这里没这个人。

举一反三:

I’m sorry. I’m afraid you’ve got the wrong number.
抱歉, 恐怕你打错电话了。

What number did you dial?
你打几号?

延伸阅读:白骨精Office口语笔记-打电话这件小事>>>