- The editor labored over the manuscript till early morning
- The candle has a wick just as we have a heart, all night long it sheds tears for us before we part.
- He lay down and prepared to catch a few hours' sleep, so that the morrow might find him equal to its exigencies
- The darkest hour is nearest dawn
- The darkest hour is that before the dawn
- The darkest hour is nearest the dawn
- The darkest hour is that before the dawn.
- The truth began to dawn on her
- The birds began piping at daybreak.
- Regularly at daybreak they drive their herds to the pasture
- The airport had been taken by daybreak.
- I shall be excused for leaving at daybreak, for I was ashamed.
- It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity