- As long as the one combatant was supreme on land and the other at sea, each felt threatened and insecure.
- At war;engaged in conflict;in a battle
- Clash(with sb);come together and fight
- Long-term hostilities
- The two belligerent parties were ready to battle it out.
- Combative in nature; belligerent.
- The Allied Forces fought with Germany.
- We are engaging with the enemy.
- They engaged the enemy (in battle).
- The two belligerent parties exchanged captured personnel.
- This is a clean fight.
- If they start fighting, we fight back, fight to win peace.
- The fight resulted in a stalemate.
- A wage differential.
- Wage freeze( legal ban on or control of increases in wages)
- wage [ pay ] scale
- This is an antecedent of the war.
- Glaring examples were the Korean War and then the Vietnam War.
- Just wars are bound to triumph over wars of aggression.