(be) late (with a task, etc.)
- To walk sluggishly
- Others have allowed tort suits against insurers for negligent delay in acting on an application
- They were tardy in offering help.
- Slow to get started,go slowly
- Hold one's judgment in suspense.
- He seems to be very slow cottoning to the significance of the new method.
- Thomas had spent all week stalling over his decision.
- The Government has been dilatory in condemning the outrage.
- The factory defaulted on the payment for the materials.
- "Carefully she sews and thoroughly she mends, Dreading the delays that will keep him late from home. "
- You are jolly late.
- And then, in the late afternoon the sky will clear,
- Never too late to repent
- This is a painful task.
- a painful task.
- The task is complete.
abbr. (= et cetera) 及其他，等等
- Put(beads,etc)on a thread,etc
- (of cheeks,etc)hollow as a result of hunger,illness,etc
- (of people,behaviour,etc)displaying selfishness,meanness,etc