11. worked for freshwater conservation for nonprofit purposes.
12. His house was equipped with advanced water-saving facilities.
13. how I could contribute to water conversation.
14. his lifestyle was too extravagant.
17. found that interest in reunions was linked with school experience.
18. U.S. class reunions are usually occasions to show off one's recent success.
19. Shared undergraduate experience on campus.
20. bring into focus contrasting opinions.
21. Reasons for popularity and (non)attendance for alumni reunions.
22. showed a wide interest.
23. Mr. Cattanzara was surprised at George's reading plan.
24. remained the same as usual.
25. was dissatisfied with his life and surroundings.
26. no activities can be compared to those in 1909.
27. Variety and magnitude of celebration activities.
28. resulted in similar disparaging remarks on Lincoln.
29. reveals the variety of current opinions on heroes.
30. Lincoln's greatness remains despite the passage of time.
34.The Arctic Ocean.
Tortured by the pains gathering in her heart, she felt something was burning between her eyebrows. Her chest was brimmed with depression which was likely to run out of her throat at any moment. She could not think clearly any longer when the headmaster told her that the child suffered from developmental retardation. She strode up and down in the room where her child stayed with other pals. There was only one window in the room, out of which some shady trees were whispering. “Just leave it here”, she told herself, “This is the best choice by far, for there are kind priests and nuns in this place which may also be renovated into a Medicare center”. The child was her secret which would be kept in the buildings behind the woods.
But such policies seem instead to have created the conditions for even more campus violence. Some college students who previously drank in bars and lounges under the watchful supervision of bouncers(夜总会，就把等保安人员)（not to mention owners eager to keep their liquor licenses） now retreat to the sanctuary of their fraternity houses and apartments, where they no longer control their behavior their drinking. The boomerang effect has also played a role in attempts to reduce the availability of illicit drugs. During recent years, the federal government has been quite successful in reducing the supply of street drugs. As fields are burned and contraband(违禁品) confiscated, the price of street drugs has skyrocketed to a point where cheap alternatives have begun to compete in the marketplace. Unfortunately, the cheap alternatives are even more harmful than the illicit drugs they replace.