Many people think that Americans 1 their cars almost more than anything else. When __2__ people are fourteen years old, they want to have their __3__ cars. They don’t ask for a car from their __4__. So many of them work in _5_ time during their last year of high school to buy a car. Learning to __6 _ and getting a driver’s license may be one of the most exciting things in a young person’s life.
Some people almost ___7__ go to a doctor when they are ill. But they will __8__ their cars to a garage as soon as they think there is a __9___ . On Saturdays or Sundays some people may __10___most of their time washing and repairing their cars.
1. A. prefer B. love C. driveD. play
2. A. little B. big C. old D. young
3. A. new B. own C. expensive D. cheap
4. A. friends B. teachers C. parents D. brothers
5. A. free B. busy C. study D. good
6. A. make B. mend C. wash D. drive
7. A. always B. never C. often D. usually
8. A. take B. carry C. pull D. lift
9. A. question B. wrong C. mistake D. problem
10. A. cost B. get C. spend D. use
1. B. 通过下文的事例不难看出美国人对汽车不是一般的喜欢，故用love it, 较贴近文章的意思。
2. D. 按常识，十四五岁的人应称为年轻人，故应说young.
3. B. 根据下文他们不想通过索要来获取别人的小轿车，而是想拥有自己的小汽车，故选own.
4. C. 如果说想要索要小汽车的话，那只有先从父母亲那儿开始了，故应选parents.
5. A. 十四五岁的年轻人大多在上学，所以工作占用的应是上学期间的空隙，故应选free.
6. D. 要想获得驾照得先学开车，故应选drive.
7. B. 与下文“车子一有问题就去修理”相对应，有些人病了却从不看医生，故应选never.
8. A. carry应为“搬运”，push 为“推”，lift 意思为“举，提起”都不合文意，take sth. to 某地，意为“把……带到……”。
9. D. 只能选择一个名词， 表示汽车的“故障，毛病”， 故选problem.
10. C. spend some time doing sth.为一个固定搭配，意为“花时间干某事”。