相邻的两词在意义上必须密切相关， 同属⼀个意群。连读所构成的⾳节⼀般都不重读， 只需顺其⾃然地⼀带而过， 不可读得太重。
连读在同⼀个意群⾥， 如果相邻两词中的前⼀个词是以辅⾳结尾， 后⼀个词是以元音开头， 这就要将辅音与元音拼起来连读。
eg. I’m~an~English boy.
Let me have~a look~at~it.
如果前⼀个词是以-r或者-re结尾， 后⼀个词是以元⾳开头， 这时的r或re不但要发/r/，而且还要与 后面的元音拼起来连读。
eg. They’re my father~and mother.
I looked for~it here~and there.
There~is a football under~it.
There~are some books on the desk.
Here~is a letter for you.
But where~is my cup?
Where~are your brother~and sister?
但是， 如果⼀个音节的前后都有字母r， 即使后面的词以元音开头， 也不能连读。
The black clouds are coming nearer and nearer. (nearer与and不可连读)
英语语音中的/j/和/w/是半元音， 如果前⼀个词是以辅音结尾， 后⼀个词是以半元音， 特别是/j/开 头， 此时也要连读。
Nice to meet~you.
Did~you get there late~again?
Would~you like~a cup~of tea?
Could~you help me, please?
“音的同化”— 常把/d/+/j/读成/dV/， did you听上成了/dIdVu/，would you成了 /wudVu/， could you 成了 /kudVu/
如果前⼀个词以元音结尾， 后⼀个词以元音开头， 这两个音往往也要自然而不间断地连读到一起。
eg. I~am Chinese.
He~is very friendly to me.
She wants to study~English.
How~and why did you come here?
She can’t carry~it.
It’ll take you three~hours to walk there.
The question is too~easy for him to answer.
5.当短语或从句之间按意群进行停顿时， 意群与意群之间即使有两个相邻的辅音与元音出现， 也不可连读。
Is~it a~hat or a cat? (hat与or之间不可以连读)
There~is~a good book in my desk. (book与in之间不可以连读)
Can you speak~English or French? ( English与or之间不可以连读)
Shall we meet at~eight or ten tomorrow morning? (meet与 at， eight与or之间不可以连读) She opened the door and walked~in. (door与and之间不可以连读)
6个爆破音有3对/p/，/b/; /t/，/d/; /k/，/g/
失去爆破， 又叫不完全爆破，就是在某些情况下， 只须做出发音的准备，但并不发音，稍稍停顿后就发后面的音。
6个爆破音中的任意2个相临时， 前⼀个爆破音会失去爆破， 即由相关的发音器官做好这个发音的姿势， 稍做停顿后即发后面的爆破。
eg. The girl in the re(d) coat was on a bla(ck) bike jus(t) now .
The bi(g) bus from the fa(c) tory is full of people.
Wha(t) time does he get up every morning?
This is an ol(d) pi(c)ture of a bi(g) car.
The ol(d) do(c)tor has a ca(t), too.
We’re going to work on a farm nex(t) Tuesday.
What would you like, ho(t) tea or bla(ck) coffee?
It’s a very col(d) day, but it’s a goo(d) day.
You can put i(t) down in the bi(g) garden.
I bought a chea(p) book, but it’s a goo(d) book.
如果前面是爆破音， 其后紧跟着某些摩擦音 (如/f/，/s/，/W/，/T/等) ，那么前面那个爆破音仅有十分轻微的爆破，而后面那个摩擦音则要完全爆破。
eg. Goo(d) morning, Mr. Bell.
Uncle Li’s fa(c)tory is qui(te) near to the cinema.
I wen(t) there alone a(t) nine las(t) night.
-Do you know his bi(ke) number? -Sorry, I don’(t) know.
The forty-firs(t) lesson is qui(te) difficult.
Goo(d) luck, Lin Tao.
1、 [S] 后面的清辅音要浊化
eg. discussion：[c] 浊化成 [g]
如：writer， 听起来和 rider 的发音几乎没有区别
美国人和加拿大人发音为了省事， 习惯清音浊化， 尤其是[t]在单词的中间一定会浊化成[d]， 但英国人发音不会这样， 这也是英音和美音的一大区别。了解这一浊化原则， 会给听力带来⼀些帮助。
弱读的规则⼀般是：元音音节弱化成 [E]， 如单词 for, from, to, some, am, do, have, does
强式 [fC:] [frC:m] [tU :] [sQm] [Am] [dU :] [hAv] [dQz]
弱式 [f [fr[m] [t [s[m] [[m] [d [h[v] [d[z]
英语和美语在读音上的差异主要反映在元音字母a, o 和辅音字母r的不同读音上。
在ask, can't, dance, fast, path 这⼀类的单词中， 英国⼈将字母a 读作[a:]，而美国人则读作[æ]， 所以这些词在美国人口中就成了[Ask][kAnt][dAns][fAst]和[pB :W]。
1. Sit on the chair
2. Without any difficulty
3. in a minute
4. a woman of forty
5. best of all
6. arrive in the city
7. at eight o’clock
8. an old man and a girl
9. ask any person
10. walk across the street
11. on a foggy day
12. a student in the English Department
13. in our classroom
14. talk with a friend of mine
15. fall in the river
16. tell us a story
17. find it in my desk
18. waited and waited
19. run after it
20. at the end of the street
21. here and there
22. sit at the other end of the room
23. after a while
24. take for example
25. for an hour
26. a pair of trousers
27. wait for a student
29. put more on her plate
30. take care of it
31. can’t hear it
32. no air and water
33. the other answer
34. 150 kilometers per hour
35. a fire in a forest
36. discover a new star
37. doctor and nurse
38. far easier than that
39. the owner of the house
40. the paper in the desk
1. I don’t understand the theory at all.
2. Jane has saved a lot of money.
3. It isn’t our mistake.
4. My mother came and opened the door.
5. Instead of a shirt, Tom bought a jacket.
6. There was a man and a woman sitting behind me.
7. I shall graduate from middle school in one and a half years.
8. Don’t let him in while I’m reading.
9. He is a tall and handsome young man.
10. When I went into my office, he was talking with a friend of his.
11. While I was waiting for our bus, the rain stopped.
12. There is only one hospital in the town.
13. Perhaps that pair of shoes will fit me.
14. He came in and asked for a cup of coffee.
15. Here is your bag.
16. He is standing at the other end of the bridge.
17. There are no clean glasses in the kitchen, we have used them all.
18. Could you open the door for us?
19. He didn’t finish his work until after eight yesterday evening.
20. Don’t worry, we’ll find the answer after all.
1. This is the lost and found office.
2. My telephone number is 555-9470.
3. I couldn’t help overhearing what you said about an orchestra.
4. I’m in perfect health.
5. I’ve a perfect heart.
6. You win and I cook dinner for the entire family.
7. She was impressed by the relaxed and informal atmosphere.
8. I’m just here to do some research.
9. Do you ever smoke at meal times?
10. Some patients seemed almost normal.
11. But wouldn’t you like to go into the village sometimes to buy your own tobacco?
12. He was a gentle and mild-mannered old fellow .
13. Dr. Carmichael was easily persuaded to let her talk to Maurice.
14. Gillian felt slightly uneasy as the porter unlocked the gate and waved her through.
15. Oh, thank you very much,Ok.
16. I’ve never been out that way before at all to Australia or the Far East.
17. The food was strictly fish and chips.
18. In addition to this, we were most unhappy with the arrangements for our journey home.
19. Have you ever been to an exhibition?
20. The Indians are bad and the white man is good and brave.
21. Columbus thought he had arrived in India.
22. I remember going into the camp and getting a hot meal and clean clothes.
23. You need to work at it.
24. I made enough for an army.
25. I’ll make you two fried egg.
26. The same shift on Tuesday.
27. Her last question is about her other interest.
28. I hope your friend sends in an application.
29. They have their own special characteristics.
30. The other waiter hid the bottle I’d opened wrongly.
31. This gas will put anyone to sleep for exactly three minutes.
32. You’re going to go round to the manager’s desk and steal all the money.
33. I think it’s risky.
34. If you walk out with 50,000 pounds under your arm, somebody will surely notice you.
35. You go into the bank with a motor-cycle helmet on, and a black rubbish bag in your pocket.
36. When you get there, radio Ginger and tell him to come.
37. Sport balloon flights are best early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the wind is light.
38. The flight recorder of the DC10 airliner which crashed in the Antartic a fortnight ago.
39. Fifteen people are to appear in court in Manchester.
40. The trouble began when groups of rival supporters whose teams had both been playing London clubs began to insult each other.
41. Would you like a weekend in Las Vagas?
42. Mary stopped outside a shoe shop and looked in the window .
43. When an atom is divided, heat appears.
44. Talk of a quick election was pure speculation.
45. He hoped it would lead to a basis for negotiation.
46. How did you find it at first being stared at all day?
47. People weren’t aware in a scientific way of the role of different micro-organisms and enzymes in producing different types of cheese.
48. Cheese started being made on a large scale in factories.
49. They might not become great artist or composers.
50. It suddenly struck us that somebody must have taken this money.
51. The point is that his university life might not have been so difficult if his ability has been recognized sooner.
52. I knew it’s sudden, but this is an important opportunity.
53. Well,I wasn’t clear about my future.
54. It’s rather cold out here on the deck.
55. Mike and I had a hamburger this afternoon and we talk.
56. You couldn’t pick a finer medical school than Michigan.
57.The small producer working from his farm dairy continued to exist and still exist today.