31. BE TICKLED PINK: to be excited and happy
31.乐坏了:十分开心

She was tickled pink by all the compliments she’d received.
听到那些赞美之言,她乐坏了。

32.A BAKER’S DOZEN: thirteen
32.面包师的一打:意为十三

Check out our baker’s dozen language learning tips.
看看这十三条语言学习技巧。

33. COMFORT FOOD: food that makes you feels better, because it reminds you of your childhood
33.爽心食物:让人感到安慰、掀起童年记忆的食物

After a tiring day, it’s so nice to make some comfort food and settle down with a good book.
忙碌一天后能够吃到爽心的食物,轻轻松松看会儿书,真好啊。

34. SKELETON CREW: the minimum number of people needed to keep a service/office operating
34.核心人员:少数不可替人员或操作项目

Can you come back after the holidays? We’re operating with a skeleton crew at the moment.
假期过后能尽快回来吗?我们正在处理一项核心操作。

35. LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY:to let something happen, no matter what happens next
35.不顾后果:执意做某事,不管后果如何

I must tell John how I feel about him, let the chips fall where they may.
无论发生什么后果,我都得告诉约翰自己对他的看法。

36. NO-BRAINER:an easy decision
36.明摆的事:显而易见的事

Do you think I should propose to Judy?

-Come on, it’s a no-brainer. She’s such a fantastic woman!

我该向朱迪求婚吗?

-这还用说,她多动人啊!

37. A STONE’S THROW: very near
37.一步之遥:非常近

The hotel was a stone’s throw from the beach. I loved it.
这家酒店离沙滩一步之遥,我很喜欢。

38. HEAR ON THE GRAPEVINE:to hear a rumor or unconfirmed story
38.小道消息:谣言或未经考证的消息

I heard on the grapevine that Charlie and Sarah are dating at the moment.
据小道消息,查理和萨拉订婚了。

39. SIT ON THE FENCE: to stay neutral and not take sides
39.脚踩两只船:保持中立

Well don’t you think I’m right, he’s been acting differently hasn’t he?

-I’m sitting on the fence with this one; you’re both my good friends.

你不认为他已经变了,要站在我这边吗?

-你俩都是我的好朋友,对此我保持中立。

40. TAKE WHAT SOMEONE SAYS WITH A PINCH OF SALT:regard something as exaggerated, or only believe a part of something
40.将信将疑:认为某事被放大,对某事半信半疑

Did you hear what Tina said happened in the office yesterday?

-Oh, I would take anything she says with a pinch of salt.

你有听到缇娜昨天在办公室说的话吗?

-我对她讲的所有内容都半信半疑。