A: Hello.

A:你好。

B: Yes, who is it?

B:唉,是谁呀?

A: My name is Li Ming. I’m your neighbor down the street.

A:我叫李明,是你家邻居,住在街道那边。

B: Okay. My name is John.

B:是吗?我叫约翰。

A: Nice to meet you.

A:见到你很高兴。

B: Nice to meet you, too.

B:我也是。

A: My son is your son's friend at school.

A:在学校里我的儿子是你的儿子的朋友。

B: Oh yeah!

B:噢,是吗?

A: My boy would like to invite your son over to our house tonight for a sleepover.

A:我儿子想请你儿子今晚来我家过夜。

B: No problem. What time should he come over?

B:没问题,他什么时候来好呢?

A: How about 7 o’clock?

A:七点可以吗?

B: That’s great. Should he have dinner first?

B:太好了,他要先吃好晚饭再来吗?

A: No, there’s no need. I think the boys want to order pizza.

A:不用,我想孩子们会喜欢订匹萨饼。

B: Then when should I pick my son up?

B:那我什么时候去接我儿子呢?

A: Don’t worry. I’ll bring him home after lunch tomorrow.

A:不用担心,明天午饭后我就把他送过来。

B: Great, thank you.

B:好啊,谢谢了。

A: Oh! I forgot one more thing.

A:噢,我忘了一件事。

B: What’s that?

B:什么事?

A: Are you going to the School Play next week?

A:下礼拜你去看学校的话剧吗?

B: Yes, I am.

B:去呀。

A: Maybe we can carpool?

A:我们可以拼车去吗?

B: You're on!

B:没问题,就这么定了!

注释:

1. down the street 在街道的那边,是在一条街上。

2. sleepover 过夜,这是专门描写小孩想在他们的朋友家过夜的词。

3. pick up (用车)接

4. School Play 就是学校学生演的话剧,国外很多学校每年都有一次话剧演出。

5. carpool 拼车,合用汽车

6. "You're on." 可以用来作为在对方提议后的热烈回应,意思犹如中文里的 “没问题,就这么说定了。” 此外还可用于对方向你挑衅、要求打赌的时候,为了不让自己被比下去,用 "You're on." 表示 “跟你赌了!” 来展现气魄。