1.During the meeting,hardly had he begun to speak when the audience interrupted him 他一开始说话，就被听众打断了
2. surrounded by the police, the kidnappers had no choices but to surrender on the spot (没有选择，只能投降)
3.The concerned mother thrilled at the news of his son's having been admitted to the university(她的儿子被大学入取了)
4.The lecture was so boring that the students couldn't help yawning(学生忍不住打起哈欠)
5.I‘ll be very grateful if you could be kind enough to give me a ride to school(好心载我一程去学校)
6. (除非你和保险公司签订了货物保险合同)Unless you sign a contract with the insurance company for your goods, you are not entitled to a repayment for the goods damaged in delivery.
7.It is reported that local health organization was established 25 years ago(据说当地的卫生组织25年前就成立了)when Dr.Mark became its first president.
8.Mrs.Smith shut the window lest the noise outside (should) interfere with her son's sleep(外面的噪声会影响她儿子睡觉) 【音标】：[,int'fi] 1. 妨碍;冲突;抵触[(+with)] 2. 介入;干涉,干预
9.The new mayor was charged with failure to fulfill his promise to decrease the inflation rate(未能履行他降低通货膨胀率的承诺)
10.When confronted with such question, my mind goes blank(每当我遇到这类问题，我脑袋一篇空白)，and I can hardly remember my won date of birth.
The customer complained that no sooner had he started the computer than it stopped working(他刚启动计算机，它就不运转了)
11. What upset me was not what he said but the way he said it.(不是他说的话，而是他说话的方式)
12. This piece of writing is more like a news report than a short story.(与其说是短篇小说，还不如说是新闻报道)
13. The court ruling deprive him of his political right.(剥夺他的政治权力)
14. Human behavior is mostly a product of learning, while animal behavior depends mostly on instinct.(然而动物的行为主要依靠本能)。
15. The growth of part-time and flexible working patterns, and of training and retraining schemes, enables more women to take full advantages of employment opportunities.(使得更多的妇女能够充分利用就业机会)
16. The likely reactions of the market needs considering carefully before action are token(在采取行动之前需要认真考虑)
17. He made such a contribution to the university that they named one of the buildings after him(以他的名字为其中一栋楼命名)
18. He wasn’t asked to take on the chairmanship of the society, being considering insufficiently popular with all members(因为考虑他无法得到全体成员的欢迎)
19. Americans eat twice more protein than (两倍多的'蛋白质)they actually need every day。
20 When you speak English, your pronunciation should be correct, otherwise you can’t make yourself understood.(否则人家就听不懂你的意思了)