Part I Listening Comprehension (30 marks)
Section A (22.5 marks)
Directions: In this section, you will hear six conversations between two speakers. Foreach conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by threechoices marked A, B and C. Listen carefully and then choose the best answer for eachquestion.
You will hear each conversation TWICE.
When will the magazine probably arrive?
A. Wednesday. B. Thursday. C. Friday. The answer is B.
1. Why do they want to buy a gift for their mother?
A. It's her birthday. B. It's Mother's Day. C. It's Women's Day.
2. What are they going to buy?
A. Some flowers. B. A box of chocolates. C. A book.
3, What does the woman ask the man to do?
A. Go to a bank. B. Mail letters. C. Buy some magazines.
4. What time will the man probably be back?
A. 9:00. B. 9:30. C. 10:00.
5. What is the woman going to do tonight?
A. Go to a concert. B. Phone her doctor. C. Prepare for an exam.
6. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student. B. Classmates. C. Doctor and patient.
7. Where does the man want to go?
A. The history museum. B. The Central Park. C, The high school.
8. How far away is the place?
A. Two blocks. B. Three blocks. C. Five blocks.
9. When is the place open?
A. From Monday to Friday. B. Through the whole week. C. On Saturday and Sunday.
10. Why is Mr. Jackson out of the office?
A. He has been injured.
B. He has gone to London.
C. He is looking after his wife.
11. How long will he probably be away from work?
A. One week. B. Two weeks. C. Three weeks.
12. Who will do his work while he is away?
A. His wife. B. The boss. C. The secretary.
13. Where are the two speakers?
A. In a dining hall. B. In a hospital. C. In a lecture room.
14. What did the man do?
A. He saw a doctor.
B. He took some medicine.
C. He had vegetables for lunch.
15. What does the woman think the man should do?
A. Have meals regularly.
B. Go to Dr. Kevin's office.
C. Pay attention to his health.
Section B (7.5 marks)
Directions: In this section, you will hear a short passage. Listen carefully and thenfill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Fill in each blank withNO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
You will hear the short passage TWICE.