1. taste (A)
A./teist/ B./tæst/ C./tist/ D./ta:st/
A./tɔ:tʃ / B./taʊtʃ/ C./tʌtʃ/ D. /təʊtʃ/
A./rɜ:'lai/ B./ri:'lai/ C./re'lai/ D./ri'lai/
A./lɔ:s/ B./lɑs/ C./lʊs/ D./lu:s/
A./'ægrikʌtʃə/ B./æ'grikʌtʃə/ C./ægri'kʌtʃə/ D./ægrikʌ'tʃə/
Jerry: Hi , Mike. Look like you’ve got some sun .
Mike: I guess so. I spent the weekend on the beach.
Jerry: Really? That sounds exciting. __6__
Mike:At my friend’s house .He invited me to stay there for as long as I wanted .
Mike: Oh, I have a paper to work on.
Jerry: _8__ I mean besides lying out in the sun.
Mike: I play some volleyball . I never realized how hard it is to run on sand.
Jerry: _9__ Did you go swimming?
Mike: I intended to . __10__So I just went fishing.
Jerry: All sounds so relaxing.
A. What a pity! B.It must be cool.
C.Where did you stay ? D. But how did you get there ?
E.So what else did you do out there ? F.But the water wasn’t warm enough
G..Then why not stay there for a longer time?
11.The old temple _______ roof was damaged in storm is now under repair.
A. where B. which C. its D. whose
12. The cost of renting a house in central Xi’an is higher than ____ in any other area of the city.
A.that B. this C. it D. one
13. –What’s the noise ? It sounds as if it comes from upstairs.
--______ .It must be the window-cleaner working , next door.
A.I’m not sure B. I hope not C.I’d rather not D. I don’t think so
14. You look well . The air and the sea foods in Sanya must _____ you , I suppose.
A.agree with B.agree to C. agree on D. agree about
15.If we ___ the other road ,we might have arrived here in time for the meeting.
A.take B.had taken C.took D. have taken
16._____ from the top of the tower ,the south foot of the mountain is a sea of trees .
A.Seen B.Seeing C.Have seen D. To see
17.John opened the door . There _____ he had never seen before.
A.a girl did stand B. a girl stood C.did a girl stand D. stood a girl
18.It never occurred to me _____ you could succeed in persuading him to change his mind.
A.which B.what C.that D. if
19. His first book next month is based on a true story.
A. published B. to be published C. to publish D. being published
20. John thinks it won’t be long he is ready for his new job.
A. when B. after C. before D. since
21. I have to see the doctor because I a lot lately.
A. have been coughing B. had coughed
C. coughed D. cough
22. Studies show that people are more to suffer from back problems if they always sit before computer screens for long hours.
A. likely B. possible C. probable D. sure
23. May I take this book out of the reading room?
No,you . You read it in here.
A. mightn’t B. won’t C. need’t D. mustn’t
24. It is reported that many a new house at present in the disater area.
A. are being built B. were being built C. was being built D. is being built
25. What a fine day! Shall we go picnicking?
. But we need to be home before six o’clock for the football match..
A. Have a nice time. B. Pardon me C. That’s great D. You are right
I used to live selfishly, I should admit. But one moment changed me.
I was on my lunch break and had 26 the office to ger something to eat . On the way, I 27 a
Busker(街头艺人)，with a hat in front of him. I had some 28 in my pocker, but I would not give them to him, thinking to myself he would 29 use the money to feed his addiction to drugs or alcohol. He 30 like that type-young and ragged. 31 what was I going to spend the money on ? Only to feed my addiction to Coca-Cola or chocolate! I then 32 I had no right to place myself above 33 just because he was busking.
I 34 and dropped all the coins into his 35, and he smiled at me, I watched for a while. As 36 as it sounds, I expected something more to come from that moment—a feeling of 37 or satifaction, for example. But nothing happened 38 , I walked off. “It proved to be a waste of 39 ,”I thought.
On my way home at the end of the 40, I saw the busker again and he was 41 . I watched him pick up the hat and walk 42 a cafe counter. There he poured the 43 contents into a tin collecting 44 an earthquake fund-raising(募捐) event. He was busking for charity(慈善)！
Now I donate any 45 I have to charity tins and enjoy the feeling of giving.
26. A. left B. cleaned C. prepared D.searched
27. A. led B. chose C. saw D. fooled
28. A. chocolates B. coins C. tins D. drugs
29. A. almost B. only C. rather D. still
30. A. acted B. looked C. sounded D.smelt
31. A. Though B. For C. Therefor D. But
32. A. declared B. realized C. expected D. guessed
33. A. it B. all C. him D. them
34. A. waited B. followed C. stopped D. arrived
35. A. rag B. hat C. pocket D. counter
36. A. selfish B. awkward C. innocent D. special
37. A. happeiness B. sadness C. love D. hate
38. A. Disappointedly B. Unfortunately C. Coincidentally D. Comfortably
39. A. words B. effort C. space D. money
40. A. moment B. day C. break D. event
41. A. walking around B. passing by C. packing up D. running off
42. A. around B. in C. behind D. to
43.A. chief B. basic C. actual D. total
44.A.by B. for C. on D. with
45.A.work B. time C. energy D.change