例：It’s so nice to hear from her again ______, we last met more than thirty years ago.
A. What’s more B. That’s to say
C. In other words D. Believe it or not
21. —Look at those clouds!
—Don’t worry. ______ it rains, we’ll still have a great time.
A. Even if B.As though C. In case D. If only
22. By the time you have finished this book, your meal ______ cold.
A. gets B. has got C. will get D.is getting
23. One learns a language by making mistakes and ______ them.
A. corrects B. correct C.to correct D. correcting
24. Jerry did not regret giving the comment but felt ______ he could have expressed it differently.
A. why B. how C. that D. whether
25. George said that he would come to school to see me the next day, but he ______.
A. wouldn’t B. didn’t C. hasn’t D. hadn’t
26. When deeply absorbed in work, ______ he often was，he would forget all about eating or sleeping.
A. that B. which C. where D. when
27. _______ with care, one tin will last for six weeks.
A. Use B. Using C. Used D. To use
28. Many people have donated that type of blood; however, the blood bank needs _____.
A. some B. less C. much D. more
29. —Have you heard about that fire in the market?
— Yes, fortunately no one _____.
A. hurt B. was hurt C. has hurt D. had been hurt
30. Our friendship _____ quickly over the weeks that followed.
A. had developed B. was developing
C. would develop D. developed
31. ______ at the door before you enter my room, please.
A. Knock B. Knocking C. Knocked D. To knock
33. We ______ the difficulty together, but why didn’t you tell me?
A. should face B. might face
C. could have faced D. must have faced
34. Do you think this shirt is too tight ____ the shoulders?
A. at B. on C. to D. across
35. Don’t handle the vase as if it ____ made of steel.
A. is B. were C. has been D. had been
“Mama, when I grow up, I’m going to be one of those!” I said this after seeing the Capital Dancing Company perform when I was three. It was the first time that my __36__ took on a vivid form and acted as something important to start my training. As I grew older and was __37__ to more, my interests in the world of dance __38__ varied but that little girl’s dream of someday becoming a __39__ in the company never left me. In the summer of 2005 when I was 18, I received the phone call which made that dream a __40__; I became a member of the company __41__ back to 1925.
As I look back on that day now, it surely __42__ any sense of reality. I believe I stayed in a state of pleasant disbelief __43__ I was halfway through rehearsals (排练) on my first day. I never actually __44__ to get the job. After being offered the position, I was completely __45__. I remember shaking with excitement.
Though I was absolutely thrilled with the change, it did not come without its fair share of __46__. Through the strict rehearsal period of dancing six days a week, I found it vital to __47__ up the material fast with every last bit of concentration. It is that extreme __48__ to detail (细节) and stress on practice that set us __49__. To then follow those high-energy rehearsals __50__ a busy show schedule of up to five performances a day, I discovered a new __51__ of the words “hard work.” What I thought were my physical __52__ were pushed much further than I thought __53__. I learned to make each performance better than the last.
Today, when I look at the unbelievable company that I have the great __54__ of being a part of, not only as a member, but as a dance captain, I see a __55__ that has inspired not only generations of little girls but a splendid company that continues to develop and grow-and inspires people every day to follow their dreams.
36. A. hobby B. plan C. dream D. word
37. A connected B. expanded C. exposed D. extended
38. A. rarely B. certainly C. probably D. consistently
39. A. director B. trainer C. leader D. dancer
40. A. symbol B. memory C. truth D. reality
41. A. bouncing B. dating C. turning D. tracking
42. A. lacks B. adds C. makes D. brings
43. A. while B. since C. until D. when
44. A. Cared B. Expected C. Asked D. Decided
45. A. motivated B. relaxed C. convinced D. astonished
46. A. challenges B. profits C. advantages D. adventures
47. A. put B. mix C. build D. pick
48. A. Attention B. association C. attraction D. adaptation
49. A. apart B. aside C. off D. back
50. A. over B. by C. with D. beyond
51. A. function B. meaning C. expression D. usage
52. A. boundaries B. problems C. barriers D. efforts
53. A. necessary B. perfect C. proper D. possible
54. A. talent B. honor C. potential D. responsibility
55. A. victory B. trend C. tradition D. desire