Ⅳ.对话篇

Gordon: How is your new job coming along?
戈登:你的新工作进展如何?

Molly : It's not.
莫莉:没进展。

Gordon: What do you mean? What happened?
戈登:你这是什么意思?发生了什么事儿?

Molly : I got fired for being too casual.
莫莉:我因为太随便而被炒了鱿鱼。

Gordon: That's horrible. What are you going to do to do now?
戈登:太糟糕了。那么现在你要怎么做呢?

Molly : At my next job, I will be polite and as formal as possible.
莫莉:下一份工作我要力求做得正式、彬彬有礼。

Gordon: I am sure you will do well.
戈登:我肯定你下次会做得很好。

Molly : I appreciate your confidence.
莫莉:谢谢你对我的信心。

Gordon: Don't mention it, Molly, any gentleman would do the same. Don't you agree?
戈登:别这么说,莫莉。每一个绅士都会这么做的。不是吗?

Molly : Affirmative. Of course. You really facilitate a formal atmosphere. Do you have time to treat me to lunch?
莫莉:当然了,你真的营造出了一种正式氛围。你有时间请我吃午饭吗?

Gordon: Negative, I am far too busy. Normally I would be glad to, but I have a report that is due.
戈登:没有,我最近太忙了。通常我很高兴请你吃饭,但是我得赶快做一个报告。

Molly : No problem, get me next time.
莫莉:没问题,下次再请吧。

更多相关内容,请看沪江BEC商务英语分站>>