11.跟对方要求跟(打电话的人)刚刚已经通过话的人再讲话

A: Can you put Daisy back on? I forgot to tell her something.
你能否请Daisy再来听电话呢? 我忘了跟她讲一件事。

B: Sure. I’ll go get her.
当然! 我这就去叫她。

12.电话没人接(或留言机)

A: Is he there?
他在吗?

B: No one is there.
没人在。

举一反三:

Nobody answered.
没人接。

No. I got the answering machine.
没有! 是留言机。

13.电话打不通

A: Did it go through?
(电话)打通了吗?

B: The line was busy.
电话忙线。

举一反三:

I got the busy signals.
电话忙线。

14.(因自己忙等原因)请别人去接电话

A: Paul, can you answer the phone? I’m busy.
Paul,你能不能去接电话? 我在忙。

B: Yes, dear.
是的, 亲爱的。

举一反三:

Can you get it, Paul? My hands are tied.
Paul,你能不能去接电话? 我现在不能接。

15.接到无人电话(就是打来了却不说话的那种)

A: Who called?
谁打来的?

B: No one. He hung up on me.
没人。他把电话挂了。

举一反三:

Wrong number, I guess. He hung up without saying a word.
打错了, 我想。他一句话也没说就把电话挂了。