Dr. Wilson: I’m still amazed you’re in the same room as a patient.
真令我惊讶,你居然还和患者呆在一间屋子里.
House: People don’t bother me until they get teeth.
没长牙的小家伙我倒不怕.

House: As long as you’re trying to be good, you can do whatever you want.
只要你尽力了,就表示你可以做任何你想做的事情
Dr. Wilson: And as long as you’re not trying, you can say whatever you want.
只要你不去尽力,你就可以说任何你想说的话.
House: So between us, we can do whatever we want. We can rule the world!
那么说我们两个人加起来就做任何事,说任何话了,我们可以一起统治世界了.

House: So what’s her name and when do I get to meet her?
她的名字叫什么,我什么时候能见到她?(盘问Wilson的约会对象)
Dr. Wilson: There’s nobody! Give it up!
别瞎猜了,根本没这回事
House: Your lips say no, but your shoes say yes.
你嘴上说不,可你的鞋子泄露了真相(WILSON换了双漂亮的新鞋)
Dr. Wilson: They’re French. You can’t trust a word they say.
它们是法国货,法国人的话一句都不能信

Dr. Foreman: Why are you riding on me?
你为什么对我这么刻薄?
House: It’s what I do. Has it gotten worse lately?
我就是这样子,最近我变得更厉害了吗?
Dr. Foreman: Yeah. Seems to me.
对我来说是的.
House: Really? Well, that rules out the race thing. You were just as black last week.
真的吗?那么肯定不是种族歧视的原因了,你还和上周一样的黑.

House: What would you prefer - a doctor who holds your hand while you die or who ignores you while you get better? I guess it would particularly suck to have a doctor who ignores you while you die.
哪种医生你比较喜欢-在你临死时会陪在你身边的医生或者是当你病情好转后不再搭理你的医生?我猜你最讨厌的是当你快死的时候不再搭理你的医生.

Dr. Foreman: The kid was just taking his AP calculus exam when all of a sudden he got nauseous and disoriented.
这个孩子在微积分考试当中突然感到恶心眩晕.
House: That’s the way calculus presents.
当然这是微积分的作用啦

House: I assume "minimal at best" is your stiff upper lip British way of saying "no chance in hell"?
我认为你说的"有可能"就是"根本没指望了"的英国表达方式.
Dr. Chase: I’m Australian.
我是澳大利亚人
House: You put the Queen on your money. You’re British.
你们把女王的头像印在钱币上,你们就是英国人.

House: Sevens marry sevens, nines marry nines, fours marry fours. Maybe there’s some wiggle room if there’s enough money or if somebody got pregnant. But you’ve got at least three points on your husband and your frock says he didn’t do it for the money and your breasts say you haven’t  had any kids.
Judy: So you figure my marriage is a mathematical error.
HOUSE: 龙配龙,凤配凤,乌龟配王八。如果某人有钱或是怀孕的话可能还有点灵活的空间,可是你至少比你丈夫高3分,而你的外套说明你不缺钱,而你的胸脯又说明你还没有生育过。
JUDY: 所以你认为我的婚姻是个概率学上的错误

Dr. Cuddy: (to House) I can’t even imagine the backward logic you used to rationalize shooting a corpse.
House: Well if I shot a live person there’s a lot more paperwork.
CUDDY: 我都无法想象你怎么跟我“合理”的解释射击一具尸体这件事。
HOUSE: 恩,如果我开枪射个活人的话会有更多的文件要处理。

Dr. Chase: You’re going to talk to a patient?
House: God talks to him. It’d be arrogant of me to assume I’m better than God.
CHASE:你打算和这个病人谈话?(这可真不象HOUSE啊)
HOUSE:连上帝都和他谈话,我还没有傲慢到认为自己比上帝还强的地步。(也差不了多少了)

House: God ever talk to you when you were in the seminary?
Dr. Chase: Ummm... no.
House: God’s loss, our gain.
HOUSE:在神学院的时候上帝和你交谈过吗?
CHASE:没有
HOUSE:那可是上帝的损失啊,倒是便宜我们了。


【看美剧学英语】美剧原创学习笔记在线看大汇总