1

Oh, the Places You Will Go
噢,你将去的地方

Congratulations!
恭喜恭喜!

Today is your day.
今天是你的大日子。

You're off to Great Places!
往好地方出发!

You're off and away!
你启程走天涯!

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

2

You have brains in your head.
你有头脑。

You have feet in your shoes.
也有脚力。

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
想往哪儿走就往哪儿走。

You’re on your own. And you know what you know.
孤身上路,你自持自知。

And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
路在何方,你自有主意。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

3

You’ll look up and down streets. Look ’em over with care.
你会上下打量,小心择路。

About some you will say, “I don’t choose to go there.”
有些你一看便知:“那不是我要走的路。”

With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
你才智满脑,足下是劲,

you’re too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
聪敏如你,怎会走上那些岔路穷途。

And you may not find any you’ll want to go down.
也许你会找不到想走的路。

In that case, of course, you’ll head straight out of town. 
如果是这样,自然,你会立马离城再觅去处。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

4

It’s opener there in the wide open air.
旷野大漠,更尽开阔。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

5

Out there things can happen and frequently do to people as brainy and footsy as you.
在那边,人若如你,勤快聪慧,往往大有作为。

And when things start to happen, don’t worry. Don’t stew.
当大任降身,别担心,别焦躁。

Just go right along.
顺着走下去,

You’ll start happening too. 
你也会开始踏上光明大道。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

6

Oh, the Places You’ll Go! 
噢!你将要去的地方!

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

7

You’ll be on your way up!
你会平步青云!

You’ll be seeing great sights!
你会饱览美景!

You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.
你会跻身精英,高飞攀迎!

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

8

You won’t lag behind, because you’ll have the speed.
你不会落后,因为你分秒必争。

You’ll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead.
你会超越众人,领先他等。

Wherever you fly, you’ll be the best of the best.
飞往何处,你都是卓越之最。

Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.
去往何方,你都能盖世夺魁。
 

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

9

Except when you don’t.
做不到的时候除外,

Because, sometimes, you won’t.
因为,有时,你会做不到如此精彩。

I’m sorry to say so
很遗憾得这么说,

But, sadly, it’s true
可叹,这是事实。

That Bang-ups
吃闭门羹

And Hang-ups
遇阻受碍

Can happen to you.
你可能也会如此。

You can get all hung up in a prickle-ly perch.
你也许会被困卡在荆棘高处。

And you gang will fly on.
同伴都继续飞翔,

You’ll be left in a Lurch.
你却给丢下晃荡愁苦。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

10

You’ll come down from the Lurch with an unpleasantbump.
你也许会从那摇摇欲坠的枝头狼狈跌撞而下,

And the chances are, then, that you’ll be in a Slump.
结果,很可能, 你会跌入深渊悬崖。

And when you’re in a Slump, You’re not in for much fun.
当你跌入深渊, 便无甚乐趣可言。

Un-slumping yourself in not easily done.
想走出消沉, 却难一步登天。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

11

You will come to a place where the streets are not marked.
你会来到掩隐的小路,

Some windows are lighted. But mostly they’re darked.
一些窗户泛着灯光,但大多数昏黑灰暗。

A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!
一个会让你扭伤手肘撞破下巴的地方!

Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?
你敢留在外面?你敢走进里面?

How much can you lose? How much can you win?
有多少可失去?有多少能赢取?

And IF you go in, should you turn left or right…
假若真走进去,该转左还是转右……

Or right-and-three-quarters Or, maybe, not quite?
还是右转四分三?或者,也许,不够?

Or go around back and sneak in from behind?
还是转回去,从后潜入?

Simple it’s not, I’m afraid you will find,
恐怕即使满心决意,

For a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.
你也觉得,要下决心也不容易。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

12

You can get so confused that you’ll start in to race down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
你也许会一时迷乱, 拔腿沿曲折的长路亡命狂奔,

and grind on for miles across weir dish wild space, headed,
熬折奔跑千里, 经过遍野光怪陆离,

I fear, toward a most useless place.
我担心,你跑向的是那最无用之地。

The Waiting Place…
那“等候之地”……
 

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

13

… for people just waiting.
那儿的人只知等候。

Waiting for a train to go
等火车走,

Or a bus to come, or a plane to go
等巴士到,等飞机飞,

Or the mail to come, or the rain to go
等这邮件到,等那雨停,

Or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
等这电话响,等那雪纷飞

Or waiting around for a Yes or No
等别人置“可”、“否”,

Or waiting for their hair to grow.
等头发长长,

Everyone is just waiting.
人人只懂等候。

Waiting for the fish to bite
等鱼儿上钩不折腾,

Or waiting for wind to fly a kite
等风到来放飞风筝,

Or waiting around for Friday night
等周五夜

Or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
也许是等看他们那“杰克叔叔”,

Or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
等锅里水开,等更佳机遇,

Or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
等一串珠链,等一条新裤,

Or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
等一个卷毛假发,等另一次机遇。

Everyone is just waiting.
人人只懂等候。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

14

NO!
不!

That’s not for you!
那不是你会做的!

Somehow you’ll escape
反正你会逃离

All that waiting and staying.
那般等待歇停。

You’ll find the bright places
你会找到光明境地,

Where BoomBands are playing.
那里鼓乐队喧闹奏鸣。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

15

彩旗迎风飘扬,

Once more you’ll ride high!
你将再次乘风破浪!

Ready for anything under the sky.
无惧天下各种挑战。

Ready because you’re that kind of a guy!
准备就绪,你就是这样!

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

16

Oh, the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done!
噢,你将要去的地方!有乐要尽情!

There are points to be scored. There are games to be won.
有分要拿下,有比赛要赢。

And the magical things you can do with that ball
那小球会带你走进奇妙历程,

Will make you the winning-est winner of all.
让你百战百胜。

Fame! You’ll be famous as famous can be,
名声!你会要多大名气有多大名气,

With the whole wide world watching you win on TV.
透过电视,全世界将看着你创下胜绩。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

17

Except when they don’t.
他们看不到的时候除外,

Because, sometimes, they won’t.
因为,有时,他们无法看到。

I’m afraid that some times
我很遗憾有时候的确如此

You’ll play lonely games too.
你独自一人比赛

Games you can’t win
而那个比赛你永远无法胜利

‘cause you’ll play against you.
因为那是你和你自己的比赛

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

18

All Alone!
孤身一人

Whether you like it or not,
无论你接受与否

Alone will be something you’ll be quite a lot.
孤单与你形影不离。

And when you’re alone, there’s a very good chance
而当你孤单的时候

You’ll meet things that scare you right out of your pants.
你就会遇到一些让你会满心焦虑。

There are some, down the road between hither and yon,
没有一个让你觉得安心的港湾

That can scare you so much you won’t want to go on.
你是如此害怕,你想要逃离这一切。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

19

But on you will go
但是你还是会勇往直前

Though the weather be foul.On you will go
尽管你要去的地方狂风暴雨

Though your enemiesprowl.On you will go
尽管你要去的地方已埋伏了敌方的士兵。

Though the Hakken-Kraks howl.
尽管野兽在咆哮。

Onward up many A frighteningcreek,

到处都是阴森的小溪,

Though your arms my get sore
而你已经精疲力竭

And your sneakers may leak.
你的鞋也已经破旧不堪

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

20

On and on you will hike.
但你还是会一步步的往前

And I know you’ll hike far
你会走得很远

And face up to your problems
直面一切艰难险阻

Whatever they are.
无论他们有多么难以克服

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

21

You’ll get mixed up, of course,
当然你也会混乱

As you already know.
你一直都知道

You’ll get mixed up
你也会混乱

With many strange birds as you go.
和一群奇怪的鸟

So be sure when you step.
所以在走每一步之前

Step with care and great tact
都要深思熟虑

And remember that Life’s
记住这就是生活

A Great BalancingAct.
一场平衡的表演

Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
永远保持机警的大脑

And never mix up your right foot with your left.
不要搞错你的步伐。

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

22

And will you succeed?
你会成功吗?

Yes! You will, indeed!
当然会!

(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)
(98.75%保证)

Kid, you’ll move mountains!
孩子你会改变世界!

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>

23

So....
所以....

be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
无论你是叫巴克斯鲍姆还是比克斯比亦或者是博雷或者迈克尔·艾利·凡·艾伦·奥谢

you're off to Great Places!
你都会启程去那个好地方!

Today is your day!
今天就是你出发的良成吉日!

Your mountain is waiting.
你的世界正等着你。

So...get on your way!
所以,出发吧!

戳此下载《噢,你将去的地方》>>