1. The neighbor often borrowed my inflator.

邻居经常借我家的打气筒。

One day, my four-year-old daughter suddenly told me:"Papa, what shall we do if the air of our inflator is used up?"

有一天,4岁的女儿突然告诉我说:“爸爸,我们的打气筒里面的气用完了怎么办?”

2. "Mama, why does the puppy drink the water in the slot?"

“妈妈,小狗为什么要喝水沟里的水?”

"Because it's thirsty."

“因为它渴了。”

"Oh, I know that the puppy has no money to buy coke!"

“噢,我知道了,是小狗没有钱买可乐!”

3. Two little boys were looking at an abstract painting in an art shop.

两个小男孩正在一家美术店看一幅抽象画。

"Let's run," said one, "or they say we did it."

“咱们快跑吧,”其中一个男孩说道,“不然他们会说是我们干的。”

4. Little Mike was visiting on his grandparents' farm. Checking the chicken's tail, he came upon a peacock. He ranquickly to the house shouting, "Granny, come quick! Your chicken is in bloom!"

小迈克正在参观爷爷奶奶的农场。他在鸡群中看到一只孔雀。他马上跑向屋子,大声喊道:“奶奶,快来!你的一只鸡开花了!”

5. Mother:"I sent my little boy for two pounds of plums and you gave him a pound and a half."

母亲:“我派自己的小孩买两磅李子,你却给了他一磅半。”

Shopkeeper:"My scales are all right, madam. Have you weighed your little boy?"

店主:“我的秤没问题,太太。你称过儿子了吗?”


  英语幽默600篇

题材丰富、浅显易懂
英汉对照、翻译中肯
      青闰编译
上海交通大学出版社