1. Guest:"Bub, do you go to school?"

客人:“小家伙,你上学了吗?”

boy:"What good shall I go to school? I can't read or write?"

孩子:“我上学有什么好处?我不会读,也不会写。”

2. The librarian went over to a small, noisy boy. "Please be quiet!" she warned. "The people around you can't read!"

图书管理员走到一个喧闹的小男孩身边,警告说:“请安静!你周围的人都不能读书了!”

"They can't?" The boy asked curiously. "Then what are they doing here?"

“不能读书?”小男孩好奇地问道。“那他们在这里干什么?”

3. betty:"Black hens are cleverer than white ones, aren't they?"

贝蒂:“黑母鸡比白母鸡聪明,对吗?”

Larry:"How do you know?"

拉里:“你怎么知道?”

Betty:"Well, the black hens can lay white eggs, but the white hens can't lay black ones."

贝蒂:“嗯,因为黑母鸡能下白蛋,可白母鸡不能下黑蛋。”

4. Bobby:"Billy broke my new doll!"

博比:“比利弄坏了我的新洋娃娃!”

Mum:"How did he do that?"

妈妈:“他是怎么弄坏的?”

Bobby:"I hit him over the head with it."

博比:“我用洋娃娃打了他的头。”

5. "I wish I'd lived in the old times."

“我要是生活在古代就好了。”

"Why?"

“为什么?”

"Because there wouldn't be so much history to learn."

“因为那就不会有这么多历史要学了。”


  英语幽默600篇

题材丰富、浅显易懂
英汉对照、翻译中肯
      青闰编译
上海交通大学出版社