Clifford 小时候个子特别小，Emily 和他玩也得倍加小心。一天，Emily 的阿姨来作客。她走了以后，Clifford 就不见了。他们找遍了所有房间也没有找到。Clifford 去哪里了呢？快看故事吧。本文适合小学四年级学生阅读。
1. When Clifford was a puppy
, he was very small. I had to be careful when I played with him.
2. Clifford liked to play ball, but he was too small to catch it.
3. Clifford also liked to sleep in my hat
on cold winter days.
4. One day, my aunt came to visit. When she left, we looked all over for our small red puppy.
5. My aunt found him in a cake shop. Clifford was scared. He ran about on the cakes.
6. What a mess! My aunt didn't know what to do. She didn't want to bring Clifford home like that.
7. A small boy with a big dog had an idea. He said his dog liked cream
very much. A moment later, Clifford was clean.
8. I was so happy to have Clifford home again.
Why does Emily's aunt don't want to bring Clifford home at that time?