吸血鬼日记S03E05笔记:从现在开始,你由我罩着
作者:沪江英语
来源:沪江英语
2011-11-21 09:55
1、You're holding on to something.
你隐瞒了一些事情。
紧紧抓住;保留;不放弃
e.g: The soldiers held on to the bridge for three more days.
士兵们紧紧看守着这座桥已经3天了。
2、I thought I'd give it a shot.
想试试嘛。
give it a shot = try to do it
试一下
e.g: I didn't think I had much chance of winning the race, but I thought I'd give it a shot.
我觉得我没有机会赢得比赛,但我觉得我应该试一下。
3、You can stop playing dumb now.
你现在就别装傻了。
装傻
e.g: ‘What is it?’ I asked, playing dumb.
我装傻地问道:“这是什么?”。
4、Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met.
别担心,我们上次相遇时我不太清醒。
疯疯癫癫,精神错乱
e.g: If I walk in looking like that, they'll think I'm not right in the head.
我要是像那样走路,人们会觉得我精神错乱。
5、We're not going anywhere until you spill your guts.
你不说清你的鬼主意我们哪都不去。
spill your guts
把自己知道的都说出来;告知隐私;告知个人秘密
e.g: Bcause I wanted to be a quiet listener when you wanted to spill your guts.
因为我想在你想倾诉的时候做一个安静的聆听者。
6、The best shot at taking out Klaus is by finding Michael.
找到迈克尔才是除掉克劳斯的最佳选择。
shot at (doing) sth.
试图做某事;有机会做某事
e.g: If Lewis won his next fight, he would be guaranteed a shot at the title.
如果Lewis赢了下一场比赛,他将有机会赢得此头衔。
杀掉某人,毁掉某物
e.g: The building was taken out by a bomb.
这个建筑被一颗炸弹毁掉了。
7、From now on, you're under my protection. Mmm, by all means.
从现在开始,你由我罩着。嗯,当然。
by all means = of course
当然
e.g: 'Can I bring Alan?' 'By all means!'
“我能带走艾伦吗?”“当然!”