吸血鬼日记S03E01笔记:以为乡下人会更容易相信别人
作者:沪江英语
来源:沪江英语
2013-08-22 17:47
1、I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting.
我还以为你们乡下人会更容易信任别人。
country/farming folk
住在乡下的人;在乡下工作的人
e.g: simple country folk
普通村民
2、Just shopping for the party you're trying to bail out on.
为你的生日派对购物呢,你别想溜。
逃离;避开;离开
e.g: They bailed out after the dancing party.
舞会后他们离开了。
3、Another dead end you mean?
你是说,又要白跑一趟?
死胡同;僵局;无任何进展
e.g: The negotiations have reached a dead end.
谈判陷入了僵局。
4、My dad's side of the family is like wet paint that never dries.
我爸这边的事儿可多了,没完没了的。
like wet paint that never dries
连续不断的;没完没了的
e.g: There are so much work like wet paint that never dries.
这么多工作没完没了。
5、Something's up with your mother.
你妈肯定有什么事。
某人不对劲;有问题
e.g: Is something up with Julie? She looks really miserable.
朱莉怎么了?看着愁眉苦脸的。
6、Now your type are very hard to come by.
现在可很难遇见你这种人。
获得,得到(很稀有或难得到的东西)
e.g: How did you come by these pictures?
你是怎么得到这些画的?
7、I don't know why you just don't come clean and tell her where we are.
我不明白你为什么不说实话,告诉她我们在哪儿。
彻底交待;坦白承认;告知真相
e.g: The government should come clean about its plans.
政府应该坦白告诉大家计划。
8、You know I just need to chill out.
你知道的,我只是需要冷静一下。
冷静
e.g: I spent the afternoon chilling out.
一个下午我都在冷静。
9、This room's off limits.
这房间不能进。
禁止入内;禁区
e.g: Footpaths are, of course, off limits to bikers.
人行道是自行车和摩托车的禁区。
10、You put on a good show Stefan.
演得不错,斯特凡。
表演的好/不好
e.g: Our team put up a pretty good show, but we lost in the end.
我们队表演的非常好,但是最后还是输了。