看生活大爆炸学英语第三季第十一集

【剧情介绍】Leonard老妈Beverly来了,Leonard因为Sheldon比自己更加了解自己的母亲而很是郁闷。Penny带Beverly去酒吧喝酒喝醉了,Beverly成功夺走了Sheldon的荧幕初吻。

1. And I was really with him right up to the point that he succumbed to social convention and returned the presents and saved Christmas. What a buzz kill that was.
我还挺喜欢他,但是后来他屈从于社会习俗退还礼物拯救了圣诞节,真是太扫兴了。

succumb to屈服于;a buzz kill =a wet blanket扫兴的人或事

2. When we watch Frosty the Snowman, he roots for the sun.
我们看《结霜的雪人》时,他支持太阳。

root for支持;鼓励;喝彩;

3. A crime, by the way, for which he is never brought to account.
(偷帽子)是犯罪,但却没有因此受到指责

bring to account质问;要求说明理由;责问;

4. We presented papers. And then broke off into focus groups and critiqued each other.
我们互赠论文,然后分成讨论小组,互相批判。

focus groups关注群体;小组讨论;分组座谈会

5. Well, perhaps when your mother gets here, she'll talk some sense into you.
也许等你妈来了可以教育教育你。

talk some sense into sb和某人讲道理

6. So, Howard, have you and Rajesh finally summoned the courage to express your latent homosexual feelings toward one another?
Howard,你和Raj终于鼓起勇气“出柜”了?

7. Okay, you know what? It's lame when I say it.- It's just ridiculous when you pile on.
好吧,我说就够逊的了,你还违心奉承,就太可笑了。

pile on大加(赞扬、咒骂等) Praises were piled on him after the game. 比赛之后人们对他大加赞扬。

8. It's what we think caused your narcissistic personality disorder. We discussed it at length during our last video chat.
我们认为这是导致你自恋人格的原因,上次视频聊天的时候,我们就此详细地讨论了一下。

narcissistic personality【心理学】自爱(或自恋)人格,自我中心性格;at length详细地

9. Well, initially I felt something akin to grief and perhaps anger.
最初我感受到类似于悲伤,也许愤怒。

akin to类似,同类