Part II Listening Comprehension (25minutes)
1. A) Many people have been attacked by Devil Firefish.
B) The Mediterrancan is a natural habitat of Devil Firefish.
C) Invasive species are driving away certain native species.
D) A deadly fish has been spotted in the Mediterranean waters.
2. A) It could badly pollute the surrounding waters.
B) It could pose a threat to other marine species.
C) It could disrupt the food chains there.
D) It could add to greenhouse emissions.
Questions 3 and 4 are based on the news report you have just heard.
3. A) Cars will not be allowed to enter the city.
B) Pedestrians will have free access to the city.
C) About half of its city center will be closed to cars.
D) Buses will be the only vehicles allowed on its streets.
4. A)The unbearable traffic noise.
B) The worsening global warming.
C) The ever-growing cost of petrol.
D) The rising air pollution in Paris.
Questions 5 to7 are based on the news report you have just heard.
5. A) His bouse was burnt down in a fire.
B) Many of his possessions were stolen.
C) His good luck charm sank into the sea.
D) His fishing boat got wrecked on a rock.
6. A) Change his fishing locations.
B) Find a jobo in a travel agency.
C) Sell the pearl he had kept for years.
D) Spend a few nights on a small island.
7. A) His pearl could be displayed in a museum.
B) His monstrous pearl was extremely valuable.
C) The largest pearl in the world weighs 14 pounds.
D) A New York museum has the world's biggest pearl.
8. A) It boasts a fairly long history.
B) It has over 50 business partners.
C) It has 75 ffces around the world.
D) It produces construction materials.
9. A) It was started by his father.
B) It has about 50 employees.
C) It is over 100 years old.
D) It is a family business.
10. A) Outdated product design.
B) Loss of competitive edge.
C) Shortage of raw material supply.
D) Legal disputes in many countries.
11. A) Introducing innovative marketing strategics.
B) Seeking new ways to increase its exports.
C) Providing training for its staff members.
D)Conducting a financial analysis for it.
Questions12 to 15 are based on the conversation you have just heard,
12. A) She is a real expert at house decorations.
B) She is really impressed by the man's house.
C) She is well informed about the design business.
D)She is attracted by the color of the sitting room.
13. A) From a construction businessman.
B) From his younger brother Greg.
C) From home design magazines.
D) From a professional interior designer.
14. A) The cost was affordable.
B) The style was fashionable.
C) The effort was worthwhile.
D) The effect was unexpected.
15. A) She'd like him to talk with Jonathan about a new project.
B) She'd like to show him around her newly-renovated house.
C) She wants to discuss the house decoration budget with him.
D)She wants him to share his renovation experience with her.
16. A) Paying hospital bills for emergency cases.
B) Doing research on ear, nose and throat diseases.
C) Removing objects from patients' noses and cars.
D) Providing routine care for small children.
17. A) Children aged one to four are often more curious than older children.
B) Five- to nine- year- olds are the most likely to put things in their cars.
C) Many children like to put foreign objects in their mouths.
D) Many children like to smell things they find or play with.
18. A) They want to attract atention.
B) They tend to act out of impulse.
C) They are unaware of the potential risks.
D) They are curious about these body parts.
Questions 19 to21 are based on the passage you hare just heard.
19. A) It gave her a used bicycle.
B) It paid for her English lessons.
C) It delivered her daily necessities.
D) It provided her with physical therapy.
20. A) Expanding bike riding lessons.
B) Providing free public transport.
C) Offering walking tours to visitors.
D) Asking local people for donations.
21. A) It is a sports club.
B) Itis a language school.
C) It is a counseling center.
D) It is a charity organization.
Questions 22 to 25 are based on the passage you have Just heard.
22. A) How animals deal with lack of gravity.
B) How mice interact in a new environment.
C) How low gravity affects the human body.
D) How mice imitate human behavior in space.
23. A) They found the space in the cage too small to stay in.
B) They found it difficult to figure out where they were.
C) They were not used to the low-gravity environment.
D) They were not sensitive to the changed environment.
24. A) They continued to behave as they did in the beginning.
B) They already felt at home in the new environment.
C) They had found a lot more activities to engage in.
D) They tried everything possible to escape from the cage.
25. A) They changed their routines in space.
B) They began to eat less after some time.
C) They behaved as if they were on Earth.
D) They repeated their activities every day.