- A) A man was pulled to safety after a building collapse.
- C) He was collecting building materials.
- B) Change British people’s negative view of math.
- D) Primary school teachers understand basic maths concepts.
- D) He held a part-time job for over 20 years.
- B) He can change his focus of attention.
- C) They rarely recognized him.
8. D) They saw a business opportunity there.
9. A) Provide foreign investment to expand business.
10. C) They all come from Romania.
11. B) Throughout the world.
12. B) Try out a new restaurant together in town.
13. D) It provides information on local events.
14. C) They go to eat at different stylish restaurants.
15. B) This year’s Restaurant Week will start soon.
16. B) Exposing them to vegetables repeatedly.
17. A) They were disliked most by children.
18. B) Children’s eating habits can be changed.
19. D) A lot of garbage has been left on the moon.
20. A) It is costly to bring back.
21. C) Study the effect of radiation and vacuum on its materials.
22. A) It is likely to remain a means of business communication.
23. B) Make a timely response.
24. C) It requires no reply.
25. D) Avoid using capitals for emphasis.
Have you ever used email开头
26-30 N B F L C 31-35 E M K G A
26. N) warning
27. B) convenience
28. F) particularly
29. L) surveyed
30. C) effectively
31. E) intimate
32. M) unfriendly
33. K) specific
34. G) primary
35. A) avoid
标题：How a Poor, Abandoned Parisian Boy Became a Top Chef
The busy streets in Paris were开头
36-40 答案G M F C E 41-45 D A H K B
Passage One——Roughly the size开头
46. A) The security camera installed may intrude into their privacy.
47. D) Etiquette around home security cameras.
48. C) Likes and dislikes of individuals.
49. A) Making their guests feel at ease.
50. B) It can prove their innocence.
Passage Two——PepsiCo is to spend开头
51-55 C D A C B
51. C) To satisfy the growing needs for healthy foods.
52. D) Keep on improving its products.
53. A) To ensure the company’s future development.
54. C）It is attributable to people's changed lifestyles.
55. B) Increasing its research funding.
More and more Chinese people really cannot live without mobile phones now. Many of them, including elder people, use apps to keep in touch with each other and broaden their circle of friends. They also shop and look up information on mobile phones, because mobile phones are easy to take. In addition, using mobile apps to communicate is cheaper than using traditional phones.
However, this new trend has led people to rely too much on mobile phones on social occasions. In fact, some young people have become so addicted that they neglect face-to-face communication with their family and friends.
The challenges of studying abroad
Nowadays a lot of college graduates choose to study abroad instead of studying home for their further education, although they will definitely face all kinds of pressure. If I were one of them, I would choose to study abroad, which is my childhood dream.
First of all, it is a fact that when we stay overseas, we have to rely on ourselves to solve whatever problem we may encounter. But stress makes people strong, and studying abroad can foster our self-dependence. Such self-dependence is beneficial to us in the future.
Secondly, although there are many concerns about studying abroad, such as safety, we can ensure our safety if we take proper precautions. Last but not least, when we study abroad, we can make friends with people from different cultures and learn about other lifestyles. It will help cultivate a global point of view, which is very important in this era.
To sum up, despite the pressure, studying abroad can benefit us a lot. After carefully weighing the advantages against the disadvantages of studying abroad, I still consider it a preferential choice.