每天背10句,你能坚持多久?

1. That’s an insult to my intelligence.
简直侮辱我的智慧。

2. He looked lethargic.
他好像无精打采的。

3. I don’t hold out much hope.
我不抱多大希望。
►hold out 伸出(手等),递出;坚持要求,拒绝妥协;坚持抵抗,坚决顶住;(对…)隐瞒信息;寄予(希望)
e.g. He can only hold out a few more weeks. 他只能再坚持几周了。
e.g. He had always believed that kids could sense it when you held out on them. 他一直相信,如果对孩子有所隐瞒的话,他们能感觉得到。
e.g. He still holds out hope that they could be a family again. 他对他们再次成为一家人仍抱持希望。
>>【双语咖啡厅】19——Hold out 知多少?<<

4. You got to be wary.
你得提防着点。

5. No frills, please.
不要添枝加叶。

6. You’re spoiled for choice.
你挑花眼了。
►be spoiled for choice (因可选的太多而) 不知作何选择是好

7. No one can spike my guns.
谁能阻挡我。
►spike sb.'s gun 挫败某人;破坏某人的计划;使无能为力

8. It’s your fond hope.
你是一厢情愿。

9. You have to grease their palms.
你得把他们打点好。
►grease sb's palm 贿赂某人,买通某人
grease the palm of 买通,贿赂
palm grease 小费,贿赂的钱

10. She's a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
她是只披着羊皮的狼。

(句子解析由沪江小编提供,转载请注明出处)