你知道如何用英语说“争取时间”吗?其实是个很简单的词哦。一起来看看《金装律师》的这个片段吧。

 

对话原文

 

You couldn't do it.

你做不到

I didn't do it.

我没做

You got overwhelmed with a wave of emoition you didn't see coming.

对他的感情突然袭来 排山倒海

You cried, and you let him stay.

你哭着让他留下来

No. I thought of the amount of work I would have to go through to replace him and decided against it.

我想到了炒了他还得费事再找人替他 所以决定留下他了

Did you see the amount of work through a pool of tears?

你想到这些的时候是不是泪眼婆娑

Are you finished?

你说完没有

Can I get you anything? Tissue? Glass of water? Tampon?

要我给你拿点什么吗 纸巾 水 还是卫生巾

Okay, wait a second.

等一下

You listen to all my private conversations.

你偷听我所有的私人会话

So?This time you didn't.

那又怎样 这次没有

Yeah, I was busy.

我很忙

Busy?

忙吗

That's what you're going with?

这就是你的借口吗

Very busy.

非常忙 

You didn't listen because you couldn't listen.

你没听是因为你不敢听

Because you were too overwhelmed with emotion.

感情排山倒海而来的是你

I am not the topic of conversation here.

我不是事件的主角

Can I get you anything? Tissue? Water?

要我给你拿点什么吗 纸巾 水

I got it. Harvey, you said if you didn't fire him, Jessica would.

我明白了 哈维 你说了你不炒他 杰西卡也会

What are you gonna do?

你准备怎么办

Buy us some time.

争取时间

If you didn't tell him anything, why was he so dazed when he walked out of here?

如果你什么都没说 他怎么像丢了魂一样

I told him I was proud of him.

我说我为他骄傲

 

今日重点:

压倒,(情感)淹没:overwhelm。形容词overwhelmed,不知所措的;overwhelming,压倒性的,势不可挡的

经受,仔细检查:go through

一池……:a pool of

私人会话:private conversation

炒鱿鱼:fire sb

争取时间:buy time

头昏的,茫然的:dazed

 

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号