情景会话

A: I haven't been to the movies in ages.

A: 我好久没看电影了。

B: So, let's go see one. What did you have in mind?

B: 那我们去看场电影吧!你想看什么样的电影呢?

A: Nothing in particular, really, I am just feeling like taking in a film.

A: 什么都行,我就是想看场电影罢了。

B: Well, here we have every kind of movie theaters you could ask for; from international and independent films to Hollywood blockbusters.

B: 嗯,在这儿我们有各种类型的电影院,你想要看什么都有;从世界各国的影片到独立制片都有,也少不了好莱坞的商业电影。

A: Oh, where can I find the times and location listings?

A: 这样啊,哪里可以找到电影场次表跟各戏院的位置呢?

B: Just look in the English newspaper; 7-11 carries them.

B: 去翻翻英文报纸就行啦,在7-11便利店就买得到。

单词与短语

in ages

好久、很长一段时间

in particular

特别地

take in ...

让……进入/接受(本文指的是让自己沉浸在一部电影的气氛当中)

a movie theater

电影院

Hollywood blockbuster

好莱坞大片

listings

列表、选单

句型解析

1. I haven't been to the movies in ages. 我好久没看电影了。
这通常用来表示很渴望去做某件事情,或者间隔了一段时间之后再做某事所获得的满足感。

This beef noodles is so good; I haven't had one in ages.

这牛肉面真好吃,我好久没吃到这么好吃的牛肉面了。

近似说法:

I don't remember the last time I went to the movies!

我已经不记得我上次看电影是什么时候了!(我真的好久没看电影了!)

I haven't had a good cheeseburger in a million years.

我有几百年没吃过这么好吃的起司汉堡了。

2. What did you have in mind? 你想要看什么?/你有什么想法?

What did you have in mind for dinner?

晚餐你想吃什么呢?

近似说法:

What kind do you feel like?

你想要看哪一种(电影)呢?

Do you have any preferences?

你有什么特别的偏好吗?

【最全资源集结】沪江少儿学习资料在这里 >>>