新版新视野大学英语读写教程第四册答案unit 3-unit 4
1. investment 2. disposal 3. condensed 4. strategic 5. revenue
6. scratch 7. utilities 8. invested 9. nowhere 10. transmission
1. is lagging far behind 2. are stuck with 3. going for 4. remain in contact
5. keep pace with 6. at your disposal 7. dates from 8. scratched the surface of
9. stuck in 10. choose between
1.L 2.N 3.D 4.E 5.H 6.1 7.F 8.0 9.1 10.B
1. exchange 2. growth 3. opportunities 4. understanding 5. benefits
6. peace 7. development 8. career 9. will 10. status
1. superpower 2. superabundant 3. supermarket 4. super-speed
5. supercomputer 6. superman 7. superstar 8. super-efficient
1. auto-timer 2. auto-focus 3. autograph 4. auto-reverse
5. autobiography 6. automakers 7. autoloading 8. autocriticism
1. Concentrate on indoor delights rather than outdoor fights and you'll be much better appreciated.
2. As a result of the development of computer technology many people may eventually be able to work at home rather than go to the office.
3. Some people say that the pupils' achievements this term will be measured by a formal test rather than their teacher's assessment.
4. They argued that their products should be developed on the basis of need rather than profit.
5. During weekends the businessmen may spend time establishing friendship and mutual trust rather than discussing any particular item of business.
1. Petrol now is twice as expensive as it was a few years ago.
2. Theirs is about three times as big as ours.
3. Latin American customers talk two to four times as long on the phone as people in North America.
4. the fee for cell phones is typically twice as much as for calls made over fixed lines
5. can transmit 250,000 times as much data as a standard telephone wire
1. Rather than invest in my education, my parents spent their money on a new house.
2. Today, people are spending twice as much on entertainment and relaxation as they did in the past.
3. In order to be successful, a business must keep pace with developments in the marketplace.
4. Her fluency in English gave her an advantage over other girls for the job.
5. For students, nowhere is better than the library, where all the books are at their disposal.
6. We should make full use of the platform to strengthen communication, expand cooperation in more
areas and seek further development through joint efforts.
1 ．C 2. D 3. A 4. B 5. B 6. C 7. D 8. B 9. C 10. D
11．A 12.C 13.B 14.D 15.C 16.D 17.B 18.A 19.C 20.C
Compare the new welfare system with the old one and you would find a world of difference between the two. Under the new welfare system, the law encourages welfare clients to work on their own for a
gradual shift away from welfare, and this is not the case in the past. Welfare clients now can develop
their talents to make money. In the past, they often cheated to bleed the system for a few extra dollars.
Now caseworkers will gladly help their clients find appropriate jobs rather than act like detectives to
try to seek out any unreported properties. Today many welfare clients have made a choice to live a life
of complete honesty and they tell the truth to caseworkers and declare any extra income they make.
In cases like this, caseworkers will feel greatly relieved because they don't need to search for any cheating as in the past.
1. Your home computer or TV can provide whatever you need whenever you like.
2. You can learn language easily via computer over distance.
3. Poor people must also have access to high technology as it is essential for their education, work and
4. Some companies provide the technology of information highway to the rich first as that is business.
5. Advocates of universal access have already launched a number of projects of their own for the poor.
Comprehension of the text
1.F 2.F 3.T 4.T 5.F 6.T 7.T 8.T
1. transmit 2. insure 3. crucial 4. feedback 5. correspondence
6. specialized 7. tutor 8. hence 9. portion 10. files
Exercises on Web course only:
11. format/file 12. dose 13. terminal 14. correspondent
1. differ on 2. refer to 3. Compared to 4. specialize in
5. make routine 6. come up with 7. has access to 8. Some steps should
9. signed up for 10. in the hands of