新视野大学英语读写教程3答案第二版Unit 1-Unit 10
1. sensible 2. detect 3. precaution 4. occurrence 5. withstand
6. resistant 7. vertical 8. accidental 9. enclosed 10. fastened
IV 1. come out of 2. watch for 3. resistant to 4. put out 5 .After all
6. make a difference to 7. agree on 8. attach labels to 9. if necessary 10. In addition to
V E J K O B L C H G N
1. sense 2. message 3. argument 4. image 5. idea
6. belief 7. knowledge 8. reputation 9. standard 10. habit
1-f cupboard 橱柜 2-I motorcycle 摩托车 3-l silkworm 蚕 4-k teardrop 泪滴
5-g bloodstain 血迹 6-a sawdust 锯木屑 7-e cabinet-maker 细木工匠
8-j steamboat 汽船 9-b arrowhead 箭头 10-h shirtsleeves 衬衫袖子
11-d windowpane 窗玻璃 12-c manservant 男佣人
1. encourage 2. enlarge 3. encircles 4. enable 5. endanger
6. enlightened 7. ensure 8. enforce 9. enacted 10. endear
IX 1. so that the baby would not catch cold
2. so that more people would vote for him
3. so that his father might forgive him for his failure in the math exam
4. so that it would go on smoothly
5. so that you can judge for yourself
X 1. She cycled from Shanghai to Beijing, which is pretty difficult for a woman of 50.
2. He wore his swimming things in the office, which shocked his boss a great deal.
3. They ran out of drink, which actually didn ’t bother me because I wasn ’t drinking.
4. They will win the match, which will please my brother.
5. She borrowed a book on literature, which suggests that her literature teacher was having some
influence on her.
31. We should try our best to forecast earthquakes so that destruction of property caused by
them could be prevented as much as possible.
32. A farmer noticed large schools of fish swimming near the surface of the water, which, he said,
indicated the possible occurrence of an earthquake.
33. Keep an English-English dictionary handy, and when you cannot understand a word with
accuracy, you may refer to it any time.
34. If necessary, people who live in the area where an earthquake is about to occur may sleep in
35. A master ’ s degree does make a great difference to a student who wants to get a job.
36. In addition to the knowledge about earthquakes, the book tells us how to prepare for them.
1 B 2 C 3 A 4 B 5 C 6 D 7 A 8 C 9 D 10 A 11 B 12 B 13 D
14 C 15 D 16 B 17 A 18 C 19 D 20 D