新视野大学英语读写教程3答案第二版Unit 1-Unit 10
1 cultivate 2 comprehensive 3 controversial 4 suspend 5 insulted 6 preliminary
7 conventional 8 reform 9 worthwhile 10 publicity
1. His girlfriend ’ s father saw him as a man who could not make a living.
2. The course was canceled over the students ’ protest.
3. The problem is so difficult that we cannot work it out without the help of our teacher.
4. Children tend to do/try their utmost when they know their parents are making similar efforts.
5. The new teaching program didn ’t work well in the school at the outset.
6. I was kind of excited when I received the letter that offered me an interview.
7. The school is scheduled to open on September 1.
8. They appeared to offer a free computer, complete with software and a printer.
9. In spite of hardships, they made real efforts that have resulted in more progress than expected.
10. Many people make things more difficult for themselves because they still operate on the
principle that you should not ask for help, or you might seem weak.
F M K D C G L O I B
1 cold 2 competition 3 debate 4 desire 5 fear 6 heat 7 interest
8 love 9 pleasure 10 enthusiasm
1 historic 2 atomic 3 optimistic 4 energetic 5 economic 6 heroic
1. responsibility 2. rapidity 3. mobility 4. curiosity 5. publicity 6. complexity
1 In Britain, as in America, there is a great demand for educational reform.
2. In Greece, as in Italy, people use a lot of olive oil in cooking.
3. As in the Hyde School, values such as courage, integrity, leadership, curiosity and concern are
the first, most important lesson in some public inner-city schools in Maryland.
4. In China, as in Japan, a large number of middle school students take supplementary classes in
order to get into a famous university.
5. As in the middle of the 1950s, many young people went down to the countryside in the late
1960s and early 1970s.
1 Once you ’ ve practiced a bit, you ’ ll find that it ’ s quite easy.
2. Once the meal was finished, the discussions began.
3. Once you show any fear, he will attack you.
4. Once parents make a commitment to the program, they will be daily role models for their
5. Once customers come to rely on these systems, they almost never take their business elsewhere.
13. In his thinking, as in his behavior, he is very traditional.
14. Once the teachers agree to accept the new teaching program, they have to face the strain it
puts on them.
15. In the long run, it is worthwhile to pursue one ’ s study after graduating from university instead
of going to work directly.
16. As the school operates on the Character First principle, moral values and academic
achievements are stressed equally.
17. It is said that the meeting, which is scheduled to be held this month, will be put off till next
18. The school sees its job as preparing its students for life by cultivating a comprehensive set of
principles that can benefit all of them.
1. 跟在法国一样，美国在 20 世纪 60 年代也发生过文化革命。
4 ．快下课时，老师让学生用最后的五分钟来展开激烈的讨论，依照 1 — 10 的评分标准相互评价他们当天的课堂表现。
1 B 2 D 3 A 4 B 5 D 6 B 7 A 8 D 9 C 10 B 11 B 12 A 13 C 14 C 15 A
16 B 17 C 18 A 19 D 20 B