之前我们辨析了一般过去将来时和虚拟语气,两者最大的不同便是虚拟句是纯粹的假想,不会发生的事情。而一般过去将来时则是计划会发生的事。让我们来做个练习吧。

练习题:

1. When he saw me, he wagged his tail, and I knew we ____(be) friends.

2. They told me that they probably ____(not come).

3. If I were you, I ____(choose) to work in a small town.

4. I was expecting all along that they ____(call) me up and tell me to leave Lhasa immediately.

5. I were a boy, I ____(join) the army.

6. If it were to rain tomorrow, the football match ____(be) put off.

7. If I had a map now, we ____(find) the way easily.

8. he hoped that when Nixon told it to me the next morning I ____(not give) him a hard time.

9. He assured me again and again that it was the last thing in the world he ____(dream) of doing in a sober moment.

10. We ____(have) supper when the phone rang.

答案与句子翻译:

虚拟句:3、5、6、7
一般过去将来时:1、2、4、8、9、10

1. When he saw me, he wagged his tail, and I knew we were going to be friends.
他看到我时,就摇著他的尾巴,我一下子就知道我们将成为朋友。
2. They told me that they probably wouldn't come.
他们对我说他们多半不会来。
3. If I were you, I would choose to work in a small town.
如果我是你,我会选择在小城镇工作。
4.I was expecting all along that they were going to call me up and tell me to leave Lhasa immediately.
我原本一直期待着哪天他们会召唤我,让我马上离开拉萨。
5. I were a boy, I would join the army.
如果我是个男孩,我会参军。
6. If it were to rain tomorrow, the football match would be put off.
如果明天下雨,足球赛会被推迟。
7. If I had a map now, we would find the way easily.
如果我现在有个地图,我们会很容易就找到路。
8. he hoped that when Nixon told it to me the next morning I would not give him a hard time.
她希望第二天上午尼克松同我谈起这件事时,我不要使他难堪。
9. He assured me again and again that it was the last thing in the world he would dream of doing in a sober moment.
他几次对我表示,要是在清醒的时候,他断不会梦想干这营生的。
10. We were going to have supper when the phone rang.
我们将要吃晚饭的时候电话响了。