1.- The plane is leaving right now, but Tom hasn't arrived yet.
- Well, he said he ____here on time. I don't know what happened.
B. would come
C. can be
D. will be
2. She ____to work when we came back.
A. is going
B. will go
C. was about to go
D. is to go
3. He said that he ____me to France the next year.
B. would take
D. will take
4. Jenny said she ____her holiday in China.
B. would spent
C. was going to spent
D. would spend
5. I already told Mark that when he arrived, we ____(go out) for dinner.
6. I ____(tell) him, but he didn't give me a chance.
7. He said he ____(be) here at eight o'clock.
8. I knew John ____(not finish) the work by 5:00 PM.
9. He said that he ____ (take care of) the baby.
10. They feared that he ____ (revile) them if they displeased him.
5. I already told Mark that when he arrived, we would go out for dinner.
6. I was going to tell him, but he didn't give me a chance.
7. He said he would be here at eight o'clock.
8. I knew John wouldn't finish the work by 5:00 PM.
9. He said that he was going to take care of the baby.
10. They feared that he would revile them if they displeased him.