1. principal manufacturing facility=main building=main plant
2. central distribution point（站点）=warehouse
3. sales offices=sales agencies
Parent company(母公司) is a company that owns more than half the shares of another company; It is a company that controls a smaller company or organization.
A subsidiary(子公司) operates as an independent company even though it is mainly or wholly owned by the parent company.
A warehouse(仓库) is a building where goods or raw materials are stored and from which they are distributed.
A plant(工厂) is a place of production (either manufacturing, assembly or packing).
The headquarters(总部) are the main offices of the company where the top management and general administration work.
Eg.The company's headquarters is based in London. 这家公司的总部设在伦敦。（《21世纪大英汉词典》）
A division(部门) is a branch of a company responsible for one particular business activity
Often the difference can be academic, but a takeover is what happens when a larger company buys a smaller one,
Organic growth of one company refers to natural expansion through the growth of sales; non-organic generally refers to growth by acquisition.
“the second best way is acquisition”
eg. Business in the future is not business in an enterprise, but business in an ecosystem.
原意：An ecosystem is all the plants and animals that live in a particular area together with the complex relationship that exists between them and their environment.
8. company be listed on the stock exchange=go public 上市
9. went bankrupt (adj)
=went into bankruptcy (n)
=went out of business
10. laid 300 employees off=made.....redundant
People are laid off for economic reasons, i.e. the company doesn’t have enough work for them.
People are fired because their work or behavior is unsatisfactory.
12. divested the shares in the logistics company(出售该物流公司的股份)=sold off
If a company divests, it sells some of its assets, investments etc.转让，出售〔公司部分资产、投资等〕
Eg. Pressure on hospitals to divest tobacco-related stocks要求医院转让烟草类股票的压力
at the top of the heap 顶尖，最为优秀
15. expand its core database bz into
16. be unimpressed with sb’s appetite for big headline-grabbing acquisition(并不认为有多了不起)
headline-grabbing 上头条，有强烈吸引力的 eye-popping
18. the difference lies in
19. when we do an acquisition, it’s at the edge of the solutions处于边缘上，意指无计可施后的病急乱投医
20. the company used to concentrate on large business customers, but now pursues sales in midmarket(中型市场)
21. privately-held supplier of certain products 销售某种产品的私人企业
a group of related computer programs套装软件
a set of rooms, especially expensive ones in a hotel套房〔尤指酒店豪华套房〕
a set of matching furniture for a room一套家具
If a company or organization downsizes, it reduces the number of people it employs in order to reduce costs〔公司、机构为缩减开支而〕裁（员），紧缩（编制）(及物/不及物皆可)
American manufacturing organizations have been downsizing their factories. 美国制造商们一直在缩小他们工厂的规模。
25. the vast majority of something绝大多数的…(可数)