1. You can only be sure of ____ you have at present: you cannot be sure of something ____ you might get in the future. (2007安徽)
A.that; what B. what; 不填 C. which; that D. 不填; that
［解析］ 第一个下划线处应填入一个可以引导of的宾语从句泛指“你现在所拥有的东西”且在该宾语从句内部充当have的宾语的词， 这样的引导词只能是what， 由此可以直接排除选项A、 C、 D而选出B。
2. ____ is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
A. Whatever B. Whoever C. However it D. Whatever it
3. ____ we can’t get seems better than ____ we have. (1996)
A. What; what B. What; that C. That; that D. That; what
［解析］ 名词性从句what we can’t get和what we have中what都充当宾语， 都属于关系代词型的what， 本身不表示疑问而表示泛指相关的事物； “what we can’t get”相当于包含定语从句的“things that we can’t get”， “what we have”相当于包含定语从句的“things that we have”。
4. Some people believe ___ is easier for small countries to become strong and rich than for large____.
A. that; country B. it; one C. that; countries D. it; ones
5. It is generally considered unwise to give a child ____ he or she wants. (1997)
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
［解析］ whatever在这里的用法跟关系代词型的what一样， 其引导的名词性从句“whatever he or she wants”泛指一个孩子想要的任何东西。
6. It was by the roadside ____ the six blind men sat quarrelling about the elephant.
A. when B. which C. on which D. That
7. Could I speak to ____ is in charge of International Sales, please? (2007山东)
A. anyone B. someone C. whoever D. no matter who
［解析］ 下划线处引导speak to之后的宾语从句， 表示“(负责国际销售的)任何人”， 四个选项中只有whoever适合。
8. Although most of them have no doubt ____ he will pass the exam, I still think there is something about _____ he has really got everything ready.
A.whether; that B. that; whether C. that; that D. whether; whether
9. Mary wrote an article on ____ the team had failed to win the game. (2005)
A. why B. what C. who D. that
［解析］ 下划线处引导的名词性从句属于介词on的宾语， 在该名词性从句中引导词充当原因状语， 所以应选A。
10. Information has been put forward ____ more middle school graduates will be admitted into universities. (上海2000)
A. while B. that C. when D. as
［解析］ 陈述客观情况的名词性从句的引导词之后是完整的陈述句， 引导词本身不充当该名词性从句中具体的句子成分， 有这样用法的引导词只能是that。本题下划线处引导了information的同位语从句(为避免头重脚轻， 本句中information的同位语从句与information之间被谓语动词部分隔开)。
11. Although he knew little about the work done in the field of physics, he succeeded ______other experienced experts failed.
A. which B. that C. what D. where
12. The other day, my brother drove his car down the street at ____ I thought was a dangerous speed. (2004上海春)
A. as B. which C. what D. that
［解析］ 下划线处的引导词引导介词at的宾语从句， 该引导词在at的宾语从句中所包含的又一个宾语从句(充当think的宾语)里充当主语， 特指说话人的兄弟驾车的速度， 四个选项中只有关系代词型的引导词what具有这样的用法。注意： 本题中at的宾语从句中又包含一个宾语从句， 总共出现了两个宾语从句， 其中第二个宾语从句(I thought之后的宾语从句)的引导词that被省略了。
13. Elephants have their own way to tell the shape of an object and ____ it is rough or smooth. (2005天津)
A. 不填 B. whether C. how D. what
14. ____ team wins on Saturday will go through to the national championships. (2006山东)
A. No matter what B. No matter which C. Whatever D. Whichever
［解析］ 下划线处引导全句的主语， 因此不能选用只能引导让步状语从句的选项A、 B； 下划线处表示“任何一支(获胜的球队)”之意， 用which的相关形式更为合适， 因此进一步排除C而选出D。
15. Each blind man believed ____ he knew just ____ the elephant looked like.
A. that; what B. what; that C. that; that D. what; what